Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Geneva-Durban

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Geneva-Durban

Just thinking about booking for flights from Geneva to Durban, South Africa.

Does anyone have any recent experiences or recommended flights which are not too expensive please.

Additionally, we might need to fly from Durbs to CT and back to Jhb before flying back home. All considerations and recommendations met with thanks.

The text you are quoting:

Just thinking about booking for flights from Geneva to Durban, South Africa.

Does anyone have any recent experiences or recommended flights which are not too expensive please.

Additionally, we might need to fly from Durbs to CT and back to Jhb before flying back home. All considerations and recommendations met with thanks.

sheila cNov 16, 2013 @ 14:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 922 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Geneva-Durban
Post 1

You would have to fly via JHB, I usually fly with lufthansa or air France, it's the a380 so a comfy flight even if you in economy, To book internal flights try flymango.com or kulula.com, those are the equivalents of easyjet.

There are no cheap flights to SA, expect to pay 1000CHF or more, I wouldn't recommend flying through dubai or abu dabi those are pretty long lay overs and not worth it

You would have to fly via JHB, I usually fly with lufthansa or air France, it's the a380 so a comfy flight even if you in economy, To book internal flights try flymango.com or kulula.com, those are the equivalents of easyjet.

There are no cheap flights to SA, expect to pay 1000CHF or more, I wouldn't recommend flying through dubai or abu dabi those are pretty long lay overs and not worth it

Dhamari N, Nov 16, 2013 @ 15:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I flew once with British Airways direct to Durban, but lost half of my luggage, though they brought it later on. But whenever I flew with British Airways I always lost my luggage and thats a pain. I was lucky to get it both times back without a scratch.

I flew once with British Airways direct to Durban, but lost half of my luggage, though they brought it later on. But whenever I flew with British Airways I always lost my luggage and thats a pain. I was lucky to get it both times back without a scratch.

Dorothy W, Nov 16, 2013 @ 17:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thats true about the price. I booked my flight to South Africa from Geneva about 2 weeks ago for early December with a connecting flight to Kimberley. I paid all in all about 1600 Francs. I will be flying South African Airways. I did see that Air France was the cheapest but I wanted the same airline for my international flight as for my national flight. 

I have not flown SAA is years so i hope it will be a good flight!

Thats true about the price. I booked my flight to South Africa from Geneva about 2 weeks ago for early December with a connecting flight to Kimberley. I paid all in all about 1600 Francs. I will be flying South African Airways. I did see that Air France was the cheapest but I wanted the same airline for my international flight as for my national flight. 

I have not flown SAA is years so i hope it will be a good flight!

Sara K, Nov 16, 2013 @ 18:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Nov 16, 13 17:20

Tja..... cheapest is not always best eh?

Tja..... cheapest is not always best eh?

sheila c, Nov 16, 2013 @ 19:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Yea true Sheila, but I thought that British Airways was the best. In any case SAA is not that bad.

Yea true Sheila, but I thought that British Airways was the best. In any case SAA is not that bad.

Dorothy W, Nov 16, 2013 @ 23:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 922 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form