Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Miami - favorite spots?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Miami - favorite spots?

Hello,

Going to Miami and Florida Keys soon. Any suggestions from Miami lovers?

Thanks in advance!

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

Going to Miami and Florida Keys soon. Any suggestions from Miami lovers?

Thanks in advance!

RainbowFeb 4, 2011 @ 14:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

14 Replies | 992 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Miami - favorite spots?
Post 1

Hi there,

I love Miami. My favorite spots are : South Beach. You have a lot of restaurants and bars. But do not stay just there. There are so many things to see around. Rent a car , specially cabrio :-) this gives you the real feeling of holidays :-)

Have a lot of fun,

dj

Hi there,

I love Miami. My favorite spots are : South Beach. You have a lot of restaurants and bars. But do not stay just there. There are so many things to see around. Rent a car , specially cabrio :-) this gives you the real feeling of holidays :-)

Have a lot of fun,

dj

Duilia J, Feb 4, 2011 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I'm renting a car and staying in South Beach:)

have you heard of Nikki beach and is it worth visiting? any other recommendations?

thanks again for your reply!

I'm renting a car and staying in South Beach:)

have you heard of Nikki beach and is it worth visiting? any other recommendations?

thanks again for your reply!

Rainbow, Feb 4, 2011 @ 17:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Eat some Key Lime Pie when your in the Keys.. its delicous =)

Eat some Key Lime Pie when your in the Keys.. its delicous =)

Lexillent, Feb 4, 2011 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Mansion is cool

http://www.mansionmiami.com/dev/

I am super jealous! <3 Miami

Mansion is cool

http://www.mansionmiami.com/dev/

I am super jealous! <3 Miami

Lexillent, Feb 4, 2011 @ 18:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

While in Key West, you may like to visit famous writer Ernest Hemingway's house/museum....
and yes!  do have a Key lime pie for me tooooo....

bon voyage!

While in Key West, you may like to visit famous writer Ernest Hemingway's house/museum....
and yes!  do have a Key lime pie for me tooooo....

bon voyage!

nomades, Feb 4, 2011 @ 19:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

South beach :) 

If you want a different dinner experience, check out the Bed.

You might wanna check out the local market, where you can make amazing deals on electronics, but be ware of shitty deals... 

Have fun, lots of cool stuff to do in that place, not to mention that there s better weather at this time of year :)

South beach :) 

If you want a different dinner experience, check out the Bed.

You might wanna check out the local market, where you can make amazing deals on electronics, but be ware of shitty deals... 

Have fun, lots of cool stuff to do in that place, not to mention that there s better weather at this time of year :)

Lene G, Feb 4, 2011 @ 20:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Thanks sooooo much you guys, m really excited to go, and so looking forward to the sunny warm weather!

Thanks sooooo much you guys, m really excited to go, and so looking forward to the sunny warm weather!

Rainbow, Feb 5, 2011 @ 12:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Take nearly empty suitcases.  Clothing prices in the US are 1/3 to 1/2 the Swiss price.  Shoes included.  =)

Take nearly empty suitcases.  Clothing prices in the US are 1/3 to 1/2 the Swiss price.  Shoes included.  =)

richardm, Feb 5, 2011 @ 13:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Nikki beach is fun, but a little dated.  The big party there is on Sunday night. On Saturday there is an awesome daytime rooftop pool party at the Gansevoort Hotel.  You really don't need a car in South Beach, it is actually more of a hassel with parking.  When we go we just stay at a posh hotel in South Beach (Gansevoort, Loews, W, Victor) and then take cabs everywhere.....its cheaper since parking can run up to $50/day. When going out at night, check out Set, Louis (at the Gansevoort), Mansion, LIV (at the Fontaine-Bleu, it's the hottest club in SoBe, but also the most expensive....if you have men with you they may have trouble getting in unless theres a very healthy ratio of women to men).  Also, Gansevoort tends to have a "beach" party on Sunday daytime (it's ok but not really a beach party....just on some sand).  Otherwise there's tons of restaurants, rooftop bars and tourist attractions everywhere, so you should have fun.  And the beach os absolutely gorgeous, though the water can be a little chilly this time fo the year. Make sure you go to Wet Willy's on the strip and order a "Call a Cab"!

The keys are sort of the same, with everything located on one street/strip, so you won't need a car once there, but to get there you will.

Let me know if you have any questions or want names of more places to go.  I've been there quite a few times....

Nikki beach is fun, but a little dated.  The big party there is on Sunday night. On Saturday there is an awesome daytime rooftop pool party at the Gansevoort Hotel.  You really don't need a car in South Beach, it is actually more of a hassel with parking.  When we go we just stay at a posh hotel in South Beach (Gansevoort, Loews, W, Victor) and then take cabs everywhere.....its cheaper since parking can run up to $50/day. When going out at night, check out Set, Louis (at the Gansevoort), Mansion, LIV (at the Fontaine-Bleu, it's the hottest club in SoBe, but also the most expensive....if you have men with you they may have trouble getting in unless theres a very healthy ratio of women to men).  Also, Gansevoort tends to have a "beach" party on Sunday daytime (it's ok but not really a beach party....just on some sand).  Otherwise there's tons of restaurants, rooftop bars and tourist attractions everywhere, so you should have fun.  And the beach os absolutely gorgeous, though the water can be a little chilly this time fo the year. Make sure you go to Wet Willy's on the strip and order a "Call a Cab"!

The keys are sort of the same, with everything located on one street/strip, so you won't need a car once there, but to get there you will.

Let me know if you have any questions or want names of more places to go.  I've been there quite a few times....

Matus K, Feb 8, 2011 @ 09:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

If you go accross to Naples on the 75, don't miss Sanibel and Captiva islands! They are quiet pieces of Heaven! Cool

http://maps.google.fr/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Miami,+FL,+United+States&daddr=Captiva+Island,+FL,+United+States&hl=en&geocode=FSmCiQEdedc3-ykRwcgOorDZiDFlT63dcfKW_w%3BFVrHlAEdf84Z-yltm3Wk3TTbiDEJnrmTR3eDAg&mra=ls&sll=26.374646,-81.962814&sspn=0.442923,0.615921&ie=UTF8&z=9

! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hey Rainbow,

Ive been to Miami twice in the last 6 months. Posters here have pretty much covered everything you need to do. Id suggest the Clevelander which is a lively bar on SoBe as well as the usual Bed, Mansion, Louis and Set.

1 thing no one has mentioned is going to Cuba. With Obama in power you can now take a boat over to Cuba in around 60-90 mins, and is definately worth doing, straight to Havana.

Also Shopping is DIRT cheap so keep your bags light and bring back lots.

Enjoy your trip.

Hey Rainbow,

Ive been to Miami twice in the last 6 months. Posters here have pretty much covered everything you need to do. Id suggest the Clevelander which is a lively bar on SoBe as well as the usual Bed, Mansion, Louis and Set.

1 thing no one has mentioned is going to Cuba. With Obama in power you can now take a boat over to Cuba in around 60-90 mins, and is definately worth doing, straight to Havana.

Also Shopping is DIRT cheap so keep your bags light and bring back lots.

Enjoy your trip.

Kamrain S, Feb 8, 2011 @ 14:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Thats amazing information to share! I have been dying to go to Cuba, and I was just going to go from Mexico the next time I went there.

The bag information is correct, I generally take clothes for 3/4 days and buy all new the rest =)

Thats amazing information to share! I have been dying to go to Cuba, and I was just going to go from Mexico the next time I went there.

The bag information is correct, I generally take clothes for 3/4 days and buy all new the rest =)

Lexillent, Feb 8, 2011 @ 15:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Cuba is amazing and a definite must go place as its easily accessible now.

The only gripe I have with Miami is its very weather dependent. If the suns out and you have blue skies, its full of people, but when its raining theres hardly anyone around on the streets or beach.

I forgot to mention. Do go to Nikki beach, you will certainly enjoy the relaxed chilled out vibes as long as the weather is nice.

Cuba is amazing and a definite must go place as its easily accessible now.

The only gripe I have with Miami is its very weather dependent. If the suns out and you have blue skies, its full of people, but when its raining theres hardly anyone around on the streets or beach.

I forgot to mention. Do go to Nikki beach, you will certainly enjoy the relaxed chilled out vibes as long as the weather is nice.

Kamrain S, Feb 8, 2011 @ 15:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Thanks again for all your replies, I feel so lucky!!!

Do you know anything about doing yoga (for donations) on the beach in the mornings? saw something about it on the internet but not sure how correct/updated the info is...

Thanks again for all your replies, I feel so lucky!!!

Do you know anything about doing yoga (for donations) on the beach in the mornings? saw something about it on the internet but not sure how correct/updated the info is...

Rainbow, Feb 10, 2011 @ 17:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
14 Replies | 992 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form