Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Need Suggestion - Travelling to India with British Airways Flight via London Heathrow

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Need Suggestion - Travelling to India with British Airways Flight via London Heathrow

I will be travelling to India (from Geneva) via London in June. I have L Permit -  Residence Card issued from Geneva, Switzerland.

My query is, will I have to apply for UK Direct Airside transit VISA (layover is less than 2 Hours)?

I went through the UK immigration website and saw the exception ("a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland")

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/india/transit/somewhere_else/no

Wanted to check if someone else was in similar situation, and how was your experience. I have also searched articles on Quora and other forums, and didn't find any clear answer.

Please suggest on above.

The text you are quoting:

I will be travelling to India (from Geneva) via London in June. I have L Permit -  Residence Card issued from Geneva, Switzerland.

My query is, will I have to apply for UK Direct Airside transit VISA (layover is less than 2 Hours)?

I went through the UK immigration website and saw the exception ("a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland")

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/india/transit/somewhere_else/no

Wanted to check if someone else was in similar situation, and how was your experience. I have also searched articles on Quora and other forums, and didn't find any clear answer.

Please suggest on above.

Vinay YadavApr 20, 2024 @ 21:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 137 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Need Suggestion - Travelling to India with British Airways Flight via London Heathrow
Post 1

Hey, it looks like you may not require a UK Direct Airside Transit Visa. You hold an L Permit from Switzerland. The exception mentioned on the UK immigration website states that holders of a common format residence permit issued by an EEA country or Switzerland are exempted. For complete assurance, it is advisable to get in touch with the UK Visa and Immigration department or your airline for confirmation of this information. They can provide precise guidance tailored to your situation. Enjoy your trip!

The text you are quoting:

Hey, it looks like you may not require a UK Direct Airside Transit Visa. You hold an L Permit from Switzerland. The exception mentioned on the UK immigration website states that holders of a common format residence permit issued by an EEA country or Switzerland are exempted. For complete assurance, it is advisable to get in touch with the UK Visa and Immigration department or your airline for confirmation of this information. They can provide precise guidance tailored to your situation. Enjoy your trip!

James Curtis, Apr 23, 2024 @ 03:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 137 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form