Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > The best hotels in London for under £100

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
The best hotels in London for under £100
Here is an article from the Times Online that lists and comments on a number of hotels in London that are under £100 per night. Might be useful in planning a long weekend in London.

List of London hotels

Verbier
The text you are quoting:
Here is an article from the Times Online that lists and comments on a number of hotels in London that are under £100 per night. Might be useful in planning a long weekend in London.

List of London hotels

Verbier
VerbierSep 10, 2008 @ 10:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 6896 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: The best hotels in London for under £100
Post 1
Great link, Verbier, thanks. As this kind of information disappears quite rapidly, I took the liberty to make a copy.

We've tracked down the best rooms that don't break the £100 barrier ... and are a little bit special as well

View our map of more than 50 London hotels with reviews

Main House, Notting Hill; £100

Caroline Main, the outgoing owner of this four-room hotel off the Portobello Road, has never had to advertise. Word of mouth has been enough to ensure that her eclectic and stylish rooms, with antiques from local markets, are usually full.

Main House (020-7221 9691, www.themainhouse.co.uk), 6 Colville Road, W11 2BP

Hoxton Hotel, Hoxton; from £1

Every night five rooms at this cool, “urban lodge” hotel close to Shoreditch are £1. But you've got to be quick as they're sold in batches - see website. Even so, many are still offered for less than £100. Pret A Manger breakfast included.

Hoxton Hotel (020-7550 1000, www.hoxtonhotels.com), 81 Great Eastern Street, EC2A 3HU

B&B Belgravia; £97

Close to Victoria station with single rooms from £97 and doubles from £107, this B&B wants to “change the way you think about B&Bs”. English breakfast is with locally sourced food. “We're not stuffy,” it says.

B&B Belgravia (020-7259 8570, www.bb-belgravia.com), 64-66 Ebury Street, SW1W 9QD

High Road House, Chiswick; £100

Some rooms at this super-slick hotel connected to a private members' club go for £100 a night. Great value as you have access to the club's funky bar and restaurant. Minimalist but cosy bedrooms, with mad Return of the Jedi-style bathrobes.

High Road House (020-8742 1717, www.highroadhouse.co.uk), 162 Chiswick High Road, W4 1PR

Church Street Hotel, Camberwell; £90

Opened last year, this hotel is an explosion of colour with a “Mexican” look. It's run by brothers who have transformed an old B&B from “a real dive”, as they describe it, into a stylish spot. The £90 B&B rooms have shared bathrooms; en suites £120.

Church Street Hotel (020-7703 5984, www.churchstreethotel.com), 29-33 Camberwell Church Street, SE5 8TR

Pavilion Hotel, Paddington; £100

The themed rooms at this “fashion” hotel have names like “Honky Tonky Afro” and “Cosmic Girl”. Jarvis Cocker and Naomi Campbell are among the stars photographed here. Some rooms noisy. Continental breakfasts.

Pavilion Hotel (020-7262 0905, www.pavilionhoteluk.com), 34-36 Sussex Gardens, Hyde Park, W2 1UL

Hotel 55, Ealing; £85

This hotel raised eyebrows when it opened in a former DHSS hostel near the Hanger Lane gyratory system. But it has neat, stylish rooms and is close to the Piccadilly line. There is a laid-back bar and a conservatory where breakfasts are served.

Hotel 55 (020-8991 4450, www.hotel55-london.com), 55 Hanger Lane, W5 3HL

Arosfa, Bloomsbury; £82

“Compact” rooms, but a lovely location in a Georgian townhouse, close to the British Museum. Arosfa means “a place to stay” in Welsh. There are 15 rooms, with the ones at the back quietest. Full English breakfast.

Arosfa (020-7636 2115, www.arosfalondon.com), 83 Gower Street, WC1E 6HJ

YHA London Central, West End; £69.99

The YHA opened this “funky new city look” hostel in February. There are 294 beds, with a bunk in a dorm starting at £17.95. Private en suite rooms with two bunks (sleeping four) cost from £69.99. Good family option.

YHA London Central (0870 7706144, www.yha.org.uk), 104-108 Bolsover Street, W1W 5LP

Caesar Hotel, Hyde Park; £99

A new 148-room property with minimalist, Japanese-style designs. Online discounts mean doubles are from £99. There is a restaurant and a buzzy bar called XO. Splashes of bright art break up the minimalist look.

Caesar Hotel (www.caesar-hotel.co.uk), 26-33 Queens Gardens, Hyde Park, W2 3BD

Southwark Rose Hotel, Southwark; £95

An 84-room hotel that describes itself as “boutique”, with a swish design, even though the public areas are airport lounge-ish. Reasonably priced restaurant. Close to Tate Modern.Southwark

Rose Hotel (020-7015 1480, www.southwarkrosehotel.co.uk), 43-47 Southwark Bridge Rd, SE1 9HH

Twenty Nevern Square, Earls Court; £89

On a quiet terrace in Earls Court with 20 rooms decorated in burgundy and beds that each have a red apple placed on a white towel (looking a little odd) when you arrive. There's a snack bar on site and guests can use a nearby gym for £9. Continental breakfast.

Twenty Nevern Square (020-7565 9555, www.twentynevernsquare.co.uk), Earls Court, SW5 9PD

Holiday Inn, Bloomsbury; £100

A decent stayover for those who want a quiet, central location, with comfortable (fairly standard design) rooms and a lively downstairs bar. Well insulated against traffic noise.

Holiday Inn, Bloomsbury (0870 4009222, www.holidayinn.co.uk), Coram Street, WC1N 1HT

Premier Inn, Southwark; £99

Dr Johnson and Charles Dickens drank at the 17th-century Anchor Bankside pub, which is connected to a well-positioned Premier Inn. OK, it's a rather dull budget chain, but St Paul's Cathedral, the Globe and Borough Market are near by.

Premier Inn, Southwark (0870 9906402, www.premierinn.com), 34 Park Street, SE1 9EF

La Reserve, Fulham; £75

Simple but smart with lilac bedrooms, a modern lounge and a cocktail bar. For best rates check the online booking system's “Discounts Calendar”. A two-minute walk from Fulham Broadway Tube. Breakfast included.

La Reserve (020-7385 8561, www.la-reservehotel.co.uk), 422-428 Fulham Road, SW6 1DU

Jurys Inn, Chelsea; £75

A quiet spot in Chelsea with 172 functional, burgundy-coloured rooms. The £75 rate does not include breakfast; a B&B double is from £90. There's a simple bar and a restaurant. The hotel organises packages with the nearby 606 Club, a jazz venue

Jurys Inn Chelsea (020-7411 2200, www.jurysinns.com), Imperial Road, Imperial Wharf, SW6 2GA
Great link, Verbier, thanks. As this kind of information disappears quite rapidly, I took the liberty to make a copy.

We've tracked down the best rooms that don't break the £100 barrier ... and are a little bit special as well

View our map of more than 50 London hotels with reviews

Main House, Notting Hill; £100

Caroline Main, the outgoing owner of this four-room hotel off the Portobello Road, has never had to advertise. Word of mouth has been enough to ensure that her eclectic and stylish rooms, with antiques from local markets, are usually full.

Main House (020-7221 9691, www.themainhouse.co.uk), 6 Colville Road, W11 2BP

Hoxton Hotel, Hoxton; from £1

Every night five rooms at this cool, “urban lodge” hotel close to Shoreditch are £1. But you've got to be quick as they're sold in batches - see website. Even so, many are still offered for less than £100. Pret A Manger breakfast included.

Hoxton Hotel (020-7550 1000, www.hoxtonhotels.com), 81 Great Eastern Street, EC2A 3HU

B&B Belgravia; £97

Close to Victoria station with single rooms from £97 and doubles from £107, this B&B wants to “change the way you think about B&Bs”. English breakfast is with locally sourced food. “We're not stuffy,” it says.

B&B Belgravia (020-7259 8570, www.bb-belgravia.com), 64-66 Ebury Street, SW1W 9QD

High Road House, Chiswick; £100

Some rooms at this super-slick hotel connected to a private members' club go for £100 a night. Great value as you have access to the club's funky bar and restaurant. Minimalist but cosy bedrooms, with mad Return of the Jedi-style bathrobes.

High Road House (020-8742 1717, www.highroadhouse.co.uk), 162 Chiswick High Road, W4 1PR

Church Street Hotel, Camberwell; £90

Opened last year, this hotel is an explosion of colour with a “Mexican” look. It's run by brothers who have transformed an old B&B from “a real dive”, as they describe it, into a stylish spot. The £90 B&B rooms have shared bathrooms; en suites £120.

Church Street Hotel (020-7703 5984, www.churchstreethotel.com), 29-33 Camberwell Church Street, SE5 8TR

Pavilion Hotel, Paddington; £100

The themed rooms at this “fashion” hotel have names like “Honky Tonky Afro” and “Cosmic Girl”. Jarvis Cocker and Naomi Campbell are among the stars photographed here. Some rooms noisy. Continental breakfasts.

Pavilion Hotel (020-7262 0905, www.pavilionhoteluk.com), 34-36 Sussex Gardens, Hyde Park, W2 1UL

Hotel 55, Ealing; £85

This hotel raised eyebrows when it opened in a former DHSS hostel near the Hanger Lane gyratory system. But it has neat, stylish rooms and is close to the Piccadilly line. There is a laid-back bar and a conservatory where breakfasts are served.

Hotel 55 (020-8991 4450, www.hotel55-london.com), 55 Hanger Lane, W5 3HL

Arosfa, Bloomsbury; £82

“Compact” rooms, but a lovely location in a Georgian townhouse, close to the British Museum. Arosfa means “a place to stay” in Welsh. There are 15 rooms, with the ones at the back quietest. Full English breakfast.

Arosfa (020-7636 2115, www.arosfalondon.com), 83 Gower Street, WC1E 6HJ

YHA London Central, West End; £69.99

The YHA opened this “funky new city look” hostel in February. There are 294 beds, with a bunk in a dorm starting at £17.95. Private en suite rooms with two bunks (sleeping four) cost from £69.99. Good family option.

YHA London Central (0870 7706144, www.yha.org.uk), 104-108 Bolsover Street, W1W 5LP

Caesar Hotel, Hyde Park; £99

A new 148-room property with minimalist, Japanese-style designs. Online discounts mean doubles are from £99. There is a restaurant and a buzzy bar called XO. Splashes of bright art break up the minimalist look.

Caesar Hotel (www.caesar-hotel.co.uk), 26-33 Queens Gardens, Hyde Park, W2 3BD

Southwark Rose Hotel, Southwark; £95

An 84-room hotel that describes itself as “boutique”, with a swish design, even though the public areas are airport lounge-ish. Reasonably priced restaurant. Close to Tate Modern.Southwark

Rose Hotel (020-7015 1480, www.southwarkrosehotel.co.uk), 43-47 Southwark Bridge Rd, SE1 9HH

Twenty Nevern Square, Earls Court; £89

On a quiet terrace in Earls Court with 20 rooms decorated in burgundy and beds that each have a red apple placed on a white towel (looking a little odd) when you arrive. There's a snack bar on site and guests can use a nearby gym for £9. Continental breakfast.

Twenty Nevern Square (020-7565 9555, www.twentynevernsquare.co.uk), Earls Court, SW5 9PD

Holiday Inn, Bloomsbury; £100

A decent stayover for those who want a quiet, central location, with comfortable (fairly standard design) rooms and a lively downstairs bar. Well insulated against traffic noise.

Holiday Inn, Bloomsbury (0870 4009222, www.holidayinn.co.uk), Coram Street, WC1N 1HT

Premier Inn, Southwark; £99

Dr Johnson and Charles Dickens drank at the 17th-century Anchor Bankside pub, which is connected to a well-positioned Premier Inn. OK, it's a rather dull budget chain, but St Paul's Cathedral, the Globe and Borough Market are near by.

Premier Inn, Southwark (0870 9906402, www.premierinn.com), 34 Park Street, SE1 9EF

La Reserve, Fulham; £75

Simple but smart with lilac bedrooms, a modern lounge and a cocktail bar. For best rates check the online booking system's “Discounts Calendar”. A two-minute walk from Fulham Broadway Tube. Breakfast included.

La Reserve (020-7385 8561, www.la-reservehotel.co.uk), 422-428 Fulham Road, SW6 1DU

Jurys Inn, Chelsea; £75

A quiet spot in Chelsea with 172 functional, burgundy-coloured rooms. The £75 rate does not include breakfast; a B&B double is from £90. There's a simple bar and a restaurant. The hotel organises packages with the nearby 606 Club, a jazz venue

Jurys Inn Chelsea (020-7411 2200, www.jurysinns.com), Imperial Road, Imperial Wharf, SW6 2GA

Free, Sep 15, 2008 @ 00:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Very good idea, thanks to both of you. I was thinking about going to London with my children this summer and was looking for a hotel.

Very good idea, thanks to both of you. I was thinking about going to London with my children this summer and was looking for a hotel.
Nadia S, Jun 20, 2009 @ 16:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I've stayed in the Jury's Inn in Chelsea with my family and we thought it was good value for money.
I've stayed in the Jury's Inn in Chelsea with my family and we thought it was good value for money.
britabroad, Jun 20, 2009 @ 18:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
I stayed at the Strand Palace a couple years ago. It is a very nice hotel that seems to be more for business travellers rather than tourists so the rates went down on the weekend.  I noticed they have a summer special from 65 pounds. 

I think it was near some rail museum (that I wish I would have gone to) and where an ancient market place use to be because apparantly that street "strand" was once the waterfront, which strand means beach in some language.  Now it is a few blocks from the water. 

http://www.strandpalacehotel.co.uk/

I stayed at the Strand Palace a couple years ago. It is a very nice hotel that seems to be more for business travellers rather than tourists so the rates went down on the weekend.  I noticed they have a summer special from 65 pounds. 

I think it was near some rail museum (that I wish I would have gone to) and where an ancient market place use to be because apparantly that street "strand" was once the waterfront, which strand means beach in some language.  Now it is a few blocks from the water. 

http://www.strandpalacehotel.co.uk/
Branta C, Jun 21, 2009 @ 02:15

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
For £65/night I used to stay here - http://www.clubquarters.com/home_pub.asp

Wasn't a member.

Can see St Paul's from bed... if on the right side of hotel.
For £65/night I used to stay here - http://www.clubquarters.com/home_pub.asp

Wasn't a member.

Can see St Paul's from bed... if on the right side of hotel.
SimSim, Jun 21, 2009 @ 02:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Hi

My personal favourite for exactly this purpose is the premier travel inn. Around 90 ponunds a night, clean, very central, close to all major tube lines and not noisy!

Have fun.

Andrej
Hi

My personal favourite for exactly this purpose is the premier travel inn. Around 90 ponunds a night, clean, very central, close to all major tube lines and not noisy!

Have fun.

Andrej

and70, Jul 25, 2009 @ 18:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 6896 Views      |  Send to friend
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS

Feedback Form