Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > Drive from Zurich to London and return

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Drive from Zurich to London and return

Hi everyone,

I am about to drive from Zurich to London in the next few weeks and I was wondering if anyone is up for it. I will also be making the return trip abiut a week after. My dates are flexible at the moment so no set dates yet.

I have done trhe trip many time before so I know the route very well and I drive a big and comfortable car so the trip is comfy. 

So if anyone is up for a road trip feel free to contact me.

:)

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

I am about to drive from Zurich to London in the next few weeks and I was wondering if anyone is up for it. I will also be making the return trip abiut a week after. My dates are flexible at the moment so no set dates yet.

I have done trhe trip many time before so I know the route very well and I drive a big and comfortable car so the trip is comfy. 

So if anyone is up for a road trip feel free to contact me.

Petros TJul 2, 2014 @ 23:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1505 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Drive from Zurich to London and return
Post 1

Hi Petros

I wouldnt mind to trip on a Friday after work (1900 start) either the 25th or the 1st of next month.

Are you looking or someone to help with the driving? or petrol money? or are you just after the company (so you dont nod off? :-))

Thanks

B

Hi Petros

I wouldnt mind to trip on a Friday after work (1900 start) either the 25th or the 1st of next month.

Are you looking or someone to help with the driving? or petrol money? or are you just after the company (so you dont nod off? :-))

Thanks

B

Bhushan M, Jul 3, 2014 @ 13:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Bhushan,

Thank for your interest.

I am looking for someone for the company and to share the cost of the trip. I do not need help with the driving as I have done the trip many times and I do not nod off.

The more people we are the less cost it will be per head, if you know what I mean.

The costs will be petrol, French tolls and the Eurotunnel charge.

The 25th sounds good but I would need to know for sure as to book the Eurotunnel dates and times for both the going as well as the return, which should be about a week after, give or take a day.

So if you know anyone that has friends in UK they would like to visit and they would rather not fly, then feel free to ask them to join us.

I hope the above helps.

Thanx,

Petros

Hi Bhushan,

Thank for your interest.

I am looking for someone for the company and to share the cost of the trip. I do not need help with the driving as I have done the trip many times and I do not nod off.

The more people we are the less cost it will be per head, if you know what I mean.

The costs will be petrol, French tolls and the Eurotunnel charge.

The 25th sounds good but I would need to know for sure as to book the Eurotunnel dates and times for both the going as well as the return, which should be about a week after, give or take a day.

So if you know anyone that has friends in UK they would like to visit and they would rather not fly, then feel free to ask them to join us.

I hope the above helps.

Thanx,

Petros

Petros T, Jul 3, 2014 @ 14:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Cheers mate

What is the total cost of the trip if it were to be just the two of us? How long does the trip take? are you stopping on the way? Do I need to bring something with me (other than my iPad:-)?

Just wanted to see if a flight is better

Thanks

Bhushan

Cheers mate

What is the total cost of the trip if it were to be just the two of us? How long does the trip take? are you stopping on the way? Do I need to bring something with me (other than my iPad:-)?

Just wanted to see if a flight is better

Thanks

Bhushan

Bhushan M, Jul 4, 2014 @ 10:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi mate,

Obviously flying is definitely quicker and cheaper than driving but then again you have to take in to account the ordeal of the airports on both sides, check-in, passport control, security and scanning all your items, baggage allowance, baggage claims, delays, lost baggage and so on. Having said that however, if cost is your main concern, then I would suggest flying rather than driving.

I myself rather drive and take longer than go through all that unnecessary painful ordeal that flying involves. I also enjoy driving so that is even better for me.

The total drive with a few stops on the way for toilet breaks, stretching our legs and some energy drinks is about 9 hours give or take traffic, from Zurich to Calais.  Now once we reach the Eurotunnel there is about another hour crossing and another hour or so to hitting the M25. Now the longer the breaks the longer the trip.

To make this trip cheaper than flying per person, there must be at least 3 people sharing the cost. 2 people sharing the cost usually is a little more than breaking even, about £50 or so each but in my mind a much better experience. 

Usually driving to the UK is about £300 (which includes fuel about £150, French Tolls about £40 and then the Eurotunnel ticket which is usually £110 or there about. Returning is cheaper because of Eurotunnel ticket is already paid so about £200 as fuel is more expensive in UK. Now because I am doing the trip regardless if other people join me or not, I am willing to take most of the cost, including my car, insurance etc. I drive a 3.2 litter petrol S class Mercedes so fuel is a little more than if it was a smaller engine or a diesel but the drive is much more comfortable than any smaller car.

What did you have in mind? How much would you be willing to offer for your own private chauffeur driven service to UK? LOL. Is this a one way enquiry or will you be returning to Zurich with me? Where in UK if your final destination? I am merely passing by the M25 and not going in to London as I am heading up north to Milton Keynes via the M1.

Regarding what to bring with you, that is up to you. There is a huge trunk/bonnet so space is not an issue.

Now as I mentioned before if cost if a concern of yours, then driving is not for you my friend. If you dread flying and all that comes with it, then driving is your only option and in my mind a much better experience.

I also emailed you my number in case you want to have a friendly chat.

Thanx,

Petros

Hi mate,

Obviously flying is definitely quicker and cheaper than driving but then again you have to take in to account the ordeal of the airports on both sides, check-in, passport control, security and scanning all your items, baggage allowance, baggage claims, delays, lost baggage and so on. Having said that however, if cost is your main concern, then I would suggest flying rather than driving.

I myself rather drive and take longer than go through all that unnecessary painful ordeal that flying involves. I also enjoy driving so that is even better for me.

The total drive with a few stops on the way for toilet breaks, stretching our legs and some energy drinks is about 9 hours give or take traffic, from Zurich to Calais.  Now once we reach the Eurotunnel there is about another hour crossing and another hour or so to hitting the M25. Now the longer the breaks the longer the trip.

To make this trip cheaper than flying per person, there must be at least 3 people sharing the cost. 2 people sharing the cost usually is a little more than breaking even, about £50 or so each but in my mind a much better experience. 

Usually driving to the UK is about £300 (which includes fuel about £150, French Tolls about £40 and then the Eurotunnel ticket which is usually £110 or there about. Returning is cheaper because of Eurotunnel ticket is already paid so about £200 as fuel is more expensive in UK. Now because I am doing the trip regardless if other people join me or not, I am willing to take most of the cost, including my car, insurance etc. I drive a 3.2 litter petrol S class Mercedes so fuel is a little more than if it was a smaller engine or a diesel but the drive is much more comfortable than any smaller car.

What did you have in mind? How much would you be willing to offer for your own private chauffeur driven service to UK? LOL. Is this a one way enquiry or will you be returning to Zurich with me? Where in UK if your final destination? I am merely passing by the M25 and not going in to London as I am heading up north to Milton Keynes via the M1.

Regarding what to bring with you, that is up to you. There is a huge trunk/bonnet so space is not an issue.

Now as I mentioned before if cost if a concern of yours, then driving is not for you my friend. If you dread flying and all that comes with it, then driving is your only option and in my mind a much better experience.

I also emailed you my number in case you want to have a friendly chat.

Thanx,

Petros

Petros T, Jul 5, 2014 @ 17:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

FYI

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2684723/Now-terror-checks-phones-laptops-spread-flights-Middle-East-Africa-BA-u-turns-says-WILL-able-fly-phones-not-charged.html

FYI

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2684723/Now-terror-checks-phones-laptops-spread-flights-Middle-East-Africa-BA-u-turns-says-WILL-able-fly-phones-not-charged.html

Petros T, Jul 9, 2014 @ 12:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Trip dates now booked.

Leaving Zurich on Friday the 25th of July and returning back to Zurich on Sunday the 3rd of August.

Departure times are flexible.

If anyone is interested, now would be a good time to express that.

Thanx

Trip dates now booked.

Leaving Zurich on Friday the 25th of July and returning back to Zurich on Sunday the 3rd of August.

Departure times are flexible.

If anyone is interested, now would be a good time to express that.

Thanx

Petros T, Jul 12, 2014 @ 12:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1505 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form