Here are 4 of the most important things, in normal non-lawyer speak. Pls scroll down to read the full binding version.
1. We'll never sell, rent, or give your personal details to any 3rd party (unless required by law).
2. We reserve the right to suspend, block, or delete your account, without warning or explanation.
3. You're personally responsible for any direct or indirect damage / loss that may happen to you because of using glocals.com. We (glocals.com) can't be held responsible for any such damage / loss.
4. Search Engines index our content. So if you post content to glocals.com, non-members may be able to see this content, together with your user-name and picture. However, non-members will not be able to see your full profile.
glocals.com is an online service that allows our members to set up unique personal profiles, and to post, and access, information through these profiles. To enrich our members' experience, we request and display some personal information to other members and visitors, which allows our users to identify each other and expand their network of friends. glocals.com members can change their profile information at any time (except user name), and can control how other members and the service communicates with them.
Information Collection and Use by glocals.com
glocals.com collects user submitted information such as name, email address, and age to authenticate users and to send notifications to those users relating to the glocals.com service. glocals.com also collects other profile data including but not limited to: personal interests, gender, age, and occupation in order to assist users in finding and communicating with each other.
glocals.com also logs non-personally-identifiable information including IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type, from users and visitors to the site This data is used to manage the website, track usage and improve the website services. This non-personally-identifiable information may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to members. User IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes
User Profile information including members' pictures and usernames are displayed to people in order to facilitate user interaction in the glocals.com social networking community. Email addresses are used for the purposes of inviting new friends to join glocals.com, to add users to members' friends' networks, and to send notifications related to the service. With the exception of inviting friends, adding friends, and notifications, a user's email address is not shared or displayed to people within a user's personal network. Users within a personal network communicate on glocals.com with each other through the glocals.com service, without disclosing their email addresses. Users' full names are never directly revealed to other members.
We may also use a user's email address to send updates, a newsletter or news regarding the service. Users may choose not to receive email of this type by changing their "Email Alerts" setting in the user "Account Management"
Invitations and Other Communications to Non-members
glocals.com members can invite friends to join the service by sending invitation emails via our automated invitation system. glocals.com stores the email addresses that members provide so that the respondents may be added to the friend's list of the member sending the invitations, and also to send reminders of the invitations Glocals.com does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations, invitation reminders (up to three (3) per email address). Recipients of invitations from glocals.com may contact Glocals.com to request the removal of their information from our database.
Posting content to glocals.com
Please be aware that whenever you post information to glocals.com, the information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by those people to send you unsolicited communications, especially if you decide to include your email in your post. Information you post to glocals may be indexed by search engines, which means non-members will be able to see, together with your name and picture, and potentially other information about you.
Correcting/Updating or Removing Information
glocals.com users may modify or remove any of their personal information (excluding their name) at any time by logging into their account and accessing features such as Edit Profile.
Members who no longer wish to receive updates or notifications may choose not to by changing the settings in the "Email Notifications" section of the 'Account Management' page. All notification emails and Glocals.com newsletters also include the above instructions for opting-out of those communications in the future.
Third Party Advertising
glocals.com member accounts are secured by member-created passwords glocals.com takes precautions to insure that member account information is kept private. We use reasonable measures to protect member information that is stored within our database, and we restrict access to member information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service personnel and technical staff. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time For any additional information about the security measures we use on glocals.com, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing and Disclosure of Information glocals.com Collects
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, please contact us at admin@Glocals.com
The services offered by glocals.com ("glocals.com" or "we") include the glocals.com website , the glocals.com Internet messaging service, and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by glocals.com.(collectively, the "glocals.com Services").
glocals.com may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by glocals.com on the glocals.com Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the glocals.com Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Please choose carefully the information you post on glocals.com and that you provide to other Users. For your own safety, your glocals.com profile should not include the following items: telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, and any photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter. Despite this prohibition, information provided by other glocals.com Members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and glocals.com assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the Glocals.com Services by any person, please contact admin@Glocals.com or click on the "Report Abuse" link on the relevant pages.
Glocals.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the glocals.com Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
1. Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the Glocals.com Services is void where prohibited. By using the Glocals.com Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 23 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the Glocals.com Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that any of the information you have submitted is false.
2. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Glocals.com Services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member's Account Management page. Glocals.com may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect, including sections 5-17.
3. Fees. You acknowledge that Glocals.com reserves the right to charge for the Glocals.com Services and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion. If Glocals.com terminates your Membership because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees.
4. Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify Glocals.com immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
5. Non-commercial Use by Members. The Glocals.com Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by Glocals.com. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Glocals.com Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Glocals.com Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Glocals.com Services.
Proprietary Rights in Content on Glocals.com
1. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Glocals.com Services, you hereby grant to Glocals.com a license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the Glocals.com Services. Glocals.com is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to Glocals.com), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that Glocals.com is not required to pay you for the use on the Glocals.com Services of the Content that you post), sub licensable (so that Glocals.com is able to use its affiliates and subcontractors such as Internet content delivery networks to provide the Glocals.com Services), and worldwide (because the Internet and the Glocals.com Services are global in reach).
2. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Glocals.com Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the Glocals.com Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the Glocals.com Services.
3. The Glocals.com Services contain Content of Glocals.com ("Glocals.com Content"). Glocals.com Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Glocals.com owns and retains all rights in the Glocals.com Content and the Glocals.com Services. Glocals.com hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non sub licensable license to reproduce and display the Glocals.com Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Glocals.com Website and using the Glocals.com Services.
4. The Glocals.com Services contain Content of Users and other Glocals.com licensors. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Glocals.com Services.
1. Glocals.com may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of Glocals.com violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. Glocals.com assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Glocals.com Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time Glocals.com chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Glocals.com Services, Glocals.com nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
2. You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the Glocals.com Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. Glocals.com does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by Glocals.com prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Glocals.com. Glocals.com makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Glocals.com Services. Glocals.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Glocals.com's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Glocals.com Services and terminating the Membership of such violators, without warning or liability. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of Glocals.com:
1. is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or
2. harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
3. contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
4. solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
5. provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
6. promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is
abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
7. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated
computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect
devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
8. involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging,
"spimming," or "spamming";
9. contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from
another accessible page);
10. furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal
activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or
providing or creating computer viruses;
11. solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
12. involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes,
barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
13. includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; or
14. uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic
to the profile.
15. exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Glocals.com Website and through your use of the Glocals.com Services. Glocals.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Glocals.com's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
1. criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing,
gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright
infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
2. advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the Glocals.com
Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these
rules to use any information obtained from the Glocals.com Services in order to contact, advertise to,
solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such
advertising or solicitation, Glocals.com reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may
send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which Glocals.com deems appropriate in its sole
discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other
unsolicited communications of any kind through the Glocals.com Services, you acknowledge that you will
have caused substantial harm to Glocals.com, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult
to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay Glocals.com $50 for each such
unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through the Glocals.com Services;
18. covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any Glocals.com page via
HTML/CSS or any other means;
19. any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
20. interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Glocals.com Services or the networks or
services connected to the Glocals.com Services;
21. attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
22. using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to
any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
23. selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
24. using any information obtained from the Glocals.com Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another
25. displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in
exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the Glocals.com Services on behalf of
that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting information with a commercial
purpose, selecting a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your friends, or sending private messages
with a commercial purpose; or
26. using the Glocals.com Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of Glocals.com to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to Glocals.com by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Glocals.com Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Glocals.com Services; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf..
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Glocals.com Members. Glocals.com reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
Glocals.com is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the glocals.com Website or in connection with the Glocals.com Services, whether caused by Users of the Glocals.com Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Glocals.com Services. Profiles created and posted by Members on the Glocals.com Website may contain links to other websites. Glocals.com is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by Glocals.com. Inclusion of any linked website on the Glocals.com Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Glocals.com. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Glocals.com takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this Glocals.com Website or through the Glocals.com Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. Glocals.com is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Glocals.com Services. Glocals.com assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. Glocals.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Glocals.com Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Glocals.com Services. Under no circumstances shall Glocals.com be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Glocals.com Services, attendance at a Glocals.com event, from any Content posted on or through the Glocals.com Services, or from the conduct of any Users of the Glocals.com Services, whether online or offline. The Glocals.com Services are provided "AS-IS" and as available and Glocals.com expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Glocals.com cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Glocals.com Services.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL GLOCALS.COM BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF GLOCALS.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, GLOCALS.COM'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO GLOCALS.COM FOR THE GLOCALS.COM SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
U.S. Export Controls
Software available in connection with the Glocals.com Services (the "Software") is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Glocals.com Services or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.
If there is any dispute about or involving the Glocals.com Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the City of Geneva, Switzerland, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of Switzerland. Either Glocals.com or you may demand that any dispute between Glocals.com and you about or involving the Glocals.com Services must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the European Arbitration Association (EAA) in provided that the foregoing shall not prevent Glocals.com from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
You agree to indemnify and hold Glocals.com, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Glocals.com Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the Glocals.com Website or through the Glocals.com Services causes Glocals.com to be liable to another.
This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Glocals.com Website or any of the Glocals.com Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Glocals.com regarding the use of the Glocals.com Services. The failure of Glocals.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Glocals.com is a trademark of Glocals.com, Inc. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please contact us at: admin@Glocals.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.