Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Alpine accommodation in mid December

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Alpine accommodation in mid December
I am trying to work out a reasonable option for an Australian family of 6.

They will be based in Geneva but would like a long weekend ( 12th, 13th December with a night or 2 either side) in a picturesque area which has options i addition to skiing ( walking, pool, spa etc)

They would be dependent on public transport, probably train. I had looked at Chamonix but everything was very expensive even though it ticked all the boxes from a tourist point.

Has anyone a suggestion please?

I will post in the WHERE/HOW forum also

Thanking you for ideas.
The text you are quoting:
I am trying to work out a reasonable option for an Australian family of 6.

They will be based in Geneva but would like a long weekend ( 12th, 13th December with a night or 2 either side) in a picturesque area which has options i addition to skiing ( walking, pool, spa etc)

They would be dependent on public transport, probably train. I had looked at Chamonix but everything was very expensive even though it ticked all the boxes from a tourist point.

Has anyone a suggestion please?

I will post in the WHERE/HOW forum also

Thanking you for ideas.

sharon1Aug 6, 2009 @ 03:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1839 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Alpine accommodation in mid December
Post 1
Hi.  I can offer you twin/double ensuite rooms at our chalet in Morzine for €35/person/night on a bed and breakfast basis.  Please take a look at our website www.chaletsavoyarde.co.uk for more info on the chalet.  I believe there is a bus service from Geneva to Morzine.

Hi.  I can offer you twin/double ensuite rooms at our chalet in Morzine for €35/person/night on a bed and breakfast basis.  Please take a look at our website www.chaletsavoyarde.co.uk for more info on the chalet.  I believe there is a bus service from Geneva to Morzine.

aliciaking, Aug 6, 2009 @ 10:31

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
check out family friendly hostels, gryon i think would be ok.  further a field is laax, arena is a cheap hotel there anything in grindelwalt or wengen is good
check out family friendly hostels, gryon i think would be ok.  further a field is laax, arena is a cheap hotel there anything in grindelwalt or wengen is good
peaky, Aug 6, 2009 @ 11:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
 Hello,
I have a 6-person Chalet in Chamonix, which could be of interest. Have a look www.chamonixlasource.com and let me know if you're interested.
Otherwise, good luck and I hope you find something nice for you/them!
Oliver
 Hello,
I have a 6-person Chalet in Chamonix, which could be of interest. Have a look www.chamonixlasource.com and let me know if you're interested.
Otherwise, good luck and I hope you find something nice for you/them!
Oliver
OliP333, Aug 28, 2009 @ 23:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
 If you are still searching for a place for your Aussie friends, i might be able to help - i ahve chalets in Argentiere and am also Australian - for more details, email [email protected] or call +33(0)682891523.
 If you are still searching for a place for your Aussie friends, i might be able to help - i ahve chalets in Argentiere and am also Australian - for more details, email [email protected] or call +33(0)682891523.

ski_chalet, Sep 14, 2009 @ 08:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1839 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form