Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Avoriaz or Les Gets?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Avoriaz or Les Gets?

I am going to ski this weekend and I was wondering if anyone can advise me on these two resorts. Which one is easier to get from geneve, better slopes, snow conditions, parking place and restaurants ! Or any other details that a rookie skier like me can neglect…

Thanks, Gianni

The text you are quoting:

I am going to ski this weekend and I was wondering if anyone can advise me on these two resorts. Which one is easier to get from geneve, better slopes, snow conditions, parking place and restaurants ! Or any other details that a rookie skier like me can neglect…

Thanks, Gianni

Gianni PMar 2, 2012 @ 12:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1454 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Avoriaz or Les Gets?
Post 1

Les Gets. It's the first one on the way from Geneva and it gives you access to the entire domain i.e. you can ski from Les Gets to Avoriaz. Drive to Les Gets takes 50'-1h, Avoriaz is 1h30. Your best bet for parking is the big parking at the entrance of the village (take the road going down just before the roundabout) with a dedicated chairlift. Just make sure you come back to the same place before lifts close. If you want to go to the center and take the chairlift express parking can be tricky, better get there early.

Les Gets. It's the first one on the way from Geneva and it gives you access to the entire domain i.e. you can ski from Les Gets to Avoriaz. Drive to Les Gets takes 50'-1h, Avoriaz is 1h30. Your best bet for parking is the big parking at the entrance of the village (take the road going down just before the roundabout) with a dedicated chairlift. Just make sure you come back to the same place before lifts close. If you want to go to the center and take the chairlift express parking can be tricky, better get there early.

catalin, Mar 2, 2012 @ 18:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

And be aware that there might be huge traffic jams tomorrow to get to the resorts. The school holidays are still lasting. Last saturday I spent 40 minutes just to get through Taninges around 9 am while heading to Morzine.

And be aware that there might be huge traffic jams tomorrow to get to the resorts. The school holidays are still lasting. Last saturday I spent 40 minutes just to get through Taninges around 9 am while heading to Morzine.

Hedi P, Mar 2, 2012 @ 18:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey guys, thanks for the tips!! At the end I flipped the coin and decided for Les Gets, even if the Avoriaz should have much more snow tomorrow. Hope to see you on the slopes before the season ends...and not in the traffic jam Wink

Hey guys, thanks for the tips!! At the end I flipped the coin and decided for Les Gets, even if the Avoriaz should have much more snow tomorrow. Hope to see you on the slopes before the season ends...and not in the traffic jam Wink

Gianni P, Mar 2, 2012 @ 18:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Highest point in Avoriaz is 2500 I think and Les Gets 2200. That's negligeable, there's no reason for Avoriaz to have "more snow".

Highest point in Avoriaz is 2500 I think and Les Gets 2200. That's negligeable, there's no reason for Avoriaz to have "more snow".

catalin, Mar 2, 2012 @ 19:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1454 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form