Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Beginner - Ski lessons, ecc...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Beginner - Ski lessons, ecc...

Hi All,

this is I want to learn how to ski! The winter is not my favourite season, but I am forcinf myself to learn it because I think it could be a good opportunity to meet people.

Is there anyone that can give some info or references for a ski school and/or freelancer instructors for private lessons??

...if there are also some others beginners that would like to learn how to ski let me know so we can start all together

Cheers,

Alessandro

The text you are quoting:

Hi All,

this is I want to learn how to ski! The winter is not my favourite season, but I am forcinf myself to learn it because I think it could be a good opportunity to meet people.

Is there anyone that can give some info or references for a ski school and/or freelancer instructors for private lessons??

...if there are also some others beginners that would like to learn how to ski let me know so we can start all together

Cheers,

Alessandro

Alessandro CarraroNov 29, 2013 @ 03:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 2097 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Beginner - Ski lessons, ecc...
Post 1

Buyclub has an offer at the minute for reduced price private lessons in Verbier, that might be worth looking at.

http://www.buyclub.ch/geneva/deals/european-snowsports-nov-2013/

Though for complete beginner lessons, I'd recommend going somewhere closer and cheaper like St Cergue or Crozet.

If transport is a problem, Flaine has some really gentle beginners ski slopes, and is served by the ski buses from the central Geneva bus station. There are lots of ski schools, just look on the Flaine website and contact a few.

My top tip - avoid ESF like the plague! I had such a horrible beginner lesson with them I swore I would never ski again - and many friends of mine have said the same. Fortunately I gave it another go with a different ski school, had a great instructor, and never looked back.

Whatever ski school you use, emphasise that you want an instructor used to teaching adult beginners - not kids. The teaching styles are very different.

Buyclub has an offer at the minute for reduced price private lessons in Verbier, that might be worth looking at.

Though for complete beginner lessons, I'd recommend going somewhere closer and cheaper like St Cergue or Crozet.

If transport is a problem, Flaine has some really gentle beginners ski slopes, and is served by the ski buses from the central Geneva bus station. There are lots of ski schools, just look on the Flaine website and contact a few.

My top tip - avoid ESF like the plague! I had such a horrible beginner lesson with them I swore I would never ski again - and many friends of mine have said the same. Fortunately I gave it another go with a different ski school, had a great instructor, and never looked back.

Whatever ski school you use, emphasise that you want an instructor used to teaching adult beginners - not kids. The teaching styles are very different.

Fionnuala O, Nov 29, 2013 @ 09:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Many thanks for your suggestions. I am actually looking for something closer to Zurich for the beginning

Many thanks for your suggestions. I am actually looking for something closer to Zurich for the beginning

Alessandro Carraro, Nov 29, 2013 @ 12:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

The BuyClub vouchers can be used in Zermatt as well, which is doable from Zurich.

The BuyClub vouchers can be used in Zermatt as well, which is doable from Zurich.

Fionnuala O, Nov 29, 2013 @ 13:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

http://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/zurich/63926.htm 

Check this out..

http://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/zurich/63926.htm 

Check this out..

ash m, Nov 29, 2013 @ 14:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Nov 29, 13 09:20

Hi Fionnuala - I am about to register my son with ESF at Gex(?), what kind of bad experience you  had with them? Is it ok for the kids beginners? Thank you

Hi Fionnuala - I am about to register my son with ESF at Gex(?), what kind of bad experience you  had with them? Is it ok for the kids beginners? Thank you

Jessica G, Dec 11, 2013 @ 22:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

ESF seems to do just fine with groups of kids.  It's one-on-one with adults where they often stumble.  I'm looking to try boarding this winter and I have no idea with whom I should work.  :-/

ESF seems to do just fine with groups of kids.  It's one-on-one with adults where they often stumble.  I'm looking to try boarding this winter and I have no idea with whom I should work.  :-/

richardm, Dec 17, 2013 @ 12:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 2097 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form