Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Best ski resorts - Financial Times

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Best ski resorts - Financial Times

The Financial Times has a spread on ski resorts in this weekend's edition:

http://www.ft.com/intl/travel/winter-sports

What do the FT writers, who so accurately predicted the financial crisis, of course, but has not stopped lecturing us about how to resolve it, know about skiing anyway?

So, you, local experts, do you care to share with us your depth of knowledge about the best slopes in the Geneva area? Say, in a 200-300 km radius? For quality of snow, family friendliness, ski instruction for begginners, apres ski, ski bunnies, ski hunks, weekend romance, lay out of the pistes, food on the slopes, best views, whatever criteria you chose to use....

The text you are quoting:

The Financial Times has a spread on ski resorts in this weekend's edition:

http://www.ft.com/intl/travel/winter-sports

What do the FT writers, who so accurately predicted the financial crisis, of course, but has not stopped lecturing us about how to resolve it, know about skiing anyway?

So, you, local experts, do you care to share with us your depth of knowledge about the best slopes in the Geneva area? Say, in a 200-300 km radius? For quality of snow, family friendliness, ski instruction for begginners, apres ski, ski bunnies, ski hunks, weekend romance, lay out of the pistes, food on the slopes, best views, whatever criteria you chose to use....

JR MOct 21, 2012 @ 14:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1372 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Best ski resorts - Financial Times
Post 1

Thanks Jorge,

where to start...

For those who love blacks/bumps and off-pistes: Les 4 Vallees/Mont Fort area. Chamonix/Les Grands Montets and Flegere has some nice challenging slopes, too.

I also like Les Portes du Soleil/Avoriaz and the Chavanette/Swiss Wall mogul field.

Btw: The International Skiclub Geneva in winter goes every Sat and Sun to the near French ski resorts: www.scig.ch. I upgraded my skiing with their weekly classes.

Also great: Les Trois Vallées, Val d'Isère and Tignes in France or a five hours drive to Austria: St. Anton (not too early in the season as not so high).

Has anyone been to Les Arcs/La Plagne or Alpe d'Huez? Slopes look really interesting and they have cheap offers. Grateful for some feedback!

The text you are quoting:

Thanks Jorge,

where to start...

For those who love blacks/bumps and off-pistes: Les 4 Vallees/Mont Fort area. Chamonix/Les Grands Montets and Flegere has some nice challenging slopes, too.

I also like Les Portes du Soleil/Avoriaz and the Chavanette/Swiss Wall mogul field.

Btw: The International Skiclub Geneva in winter goes every Sat and Sun to the near French ski resorts: www.scig.ch. I upgraded my skiing with their weekly classes.

Also great: Les Trois Vallées, Val d'Isère and Tignes in France or a five hours drive to Austria: St. Anton (not too early in the season as not so high).

Has anyone been to Les Arcs/La Plagne or Alpe d'Huez? Slopes look really interesting and they have cheap offers. Grateful for some feedback!

rena, Oct 22, 2012 @ 12:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1372 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form