Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Cross-country skiing - where to -- via public transport ......

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cross-country skiing - where to -- via public transport ......
I love to ski, but not downhill, only cross-country. Does anyone know where one can go cross-country skiing via public transport (and also where to rent equipment?). Also, are there any groups that go on weekends? Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
I love to ski, but not downhill, only cross-country. Does anyone know where one can go cross-country skiing via public transport (and also where to rent equipment?). Also, are there any groups that go on weekends? Thanks!
BrooklynFeb 8, 2009 @ 12:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1855 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Cross-country skiing - where to -- via public transport ......
Post 1
The closest place to cross country ski is La Givrine close to Saint-Cergues. It's a great place to ski, you can do a lot and it is really beautiful. You can reach it by train to Nyon than there is a special train that goes uphill to La Givrine.

There is restaurant (great fondue) at the start in La Givrine but also every 4-6 km along the trail in the woods althought more rustic (cabane).

For the rental, I think you can rent there but I'm not sure. check their internet site.

Normand

The text you are quoting:
The closest place to cross country ski is La Givrine close to Saint-Cergues. It's a great place to ski, you can do a lot and it is really beautiful. You can reach it by train to Nyon than there is a special train that goes uphill to La Givrine.

There is restaurant (great fondue) at the start in La Givrine but also every 4-6 km along the trail in the woods althought more rustic (cabane).

For the rental, I think you can rent there but I'm not sure. check their internet site.

Normand
Norm01, Feb 9, 2009 @ 16:38

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1855 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form