Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Good nursery slope with easy lift

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Good nursery slope with easy lift
Hi there, Am looking for a good place to take my twins age 6 to learn to ski. We went to Verbier today and though we did find a nursery slope it was not piste bashed and lift not open. Anyone ideas for where to go at this early stage of season with a good area for kids to learn? Preferably within 1 hour from Vevey. Thanks. Ali
The text you are quoting:
Hi there, Am looking for a good place to take my twins age 6 to learn to ski. We went to Verbier today and though we did find a nursery slope it was not piste bashed and lift not open. Anyone ideas for where to go at this early stage of season with a good area for kids to learn? Preferably within 1 hour from Vevey. Thanks. Ali
gatlandNov 17, 2007 @ 19:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1839 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Good nursery slope with easy lift
Post 1
Have you tried St Cergue (take Nyon motorway exit)?
It is only about 30 mins away.
Not sure they're open yet though.
Have you tried St Cergue (take Nyon motorway exit)?
It is only about 30 mins away.
Not sure they're open yet though.
ralphie, Nov 18, 2007 @ 12:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Villars -Bretaye and Les Crosets vs have very easy slopes with restaurants close by. They are joined by blue and red runs so you can meet up easily with intermediate and advanced skiers for lunch,coffee,apres etc-

Villars has a direct train from the SBB gare in the village included in the lift ticket and Aussies running the Holiday ski rental shop nearby for hire or servicing during the week.

Les Crosets is best reached by car with a huge car park under by the hotel telecabine-
Both are about an 1.30 hrs from Gen or 50 mins from lausanne and don't get the horrid traffic jams to the french resorts -9 hours record to Val D'Isere!
Glocal ski group will be organising beginners sking/boarding from 8th Dec or sooner if snow suitable- for details mail [email protected]
Villars -Bretaye and Les Crosets vs have very easy slopes with restaurants close by. They are joined by blue and red runs so you can meet up easily with intermediate and advanced skiers for lunch,coffee,apres etc-

Villars has a direct train from the SBB gare in the village included in the lift ticket and Aussies running the Holiday ski rental shop nearby for hire or servicing during the week.

Les Crosets is best reached by car with a huge car park under by the hotel telecabine-
Both are about an 1.30 hrs from Gen or 50 mins from lausanne and don't get the horrid traffic jams to the french resorts -9 hours record to Val D'Isere!
Glocal ski group will be organising beginners sking/boarding from 8th Dec or sooner if snow suitable- for details mail [email protected]
Malcolm W, Nov 21, 2007 @ 15:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Its at 2200m and after the telecabin there is a "rolling carpet" for the kids. Very easy to use, and the slope is perfect for beginning youngsters.

When they get bored of ski's there is a playground in the snow... and a bar for the adults to drink and watch.
Kids go up for free (adults pay ski pass rate) and you can get a family pass for a discount.

www.nendaz.ch

I taught my 5yr old how to ski up ther last season...

Its at 2200m and after the telecabin there is a "rolling carpet" for the kids. Very easy to use, and the slope is perfect for beginning youngsters.

When they get bored of ski's there is a playground in the snow... and a bar for the adults to drink and watch.
Kids go up for free (adults pay ski pass rate) and you can get a family pass for a discount.

www.nendaz.ch

I taught my 5yr old how to ski up ther last season...

Charlie, Nov 30, 2007 @ 14:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1839 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form