Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > I want to ski but do not know where to start

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
I want to ski but do not know where to start
Hi! I've never before skied, but this winter I want to change my life! I'm bound to learn it...and I do not know where to start. I have neither ski no boots. And I have no idea how to choose and where to buy. Also I'm looking 4 a man, which can help me to learn. So if there is a kind Samaritan(s) which is ready to assume the responsibility 4 me I will be realy glad ;)
The text you are quoting:
Hi! I've never before skied, but this winter I want to change my life! I'm bound to learn it...and I do not know where to start. I have neither ski no boots. And I have no idea how to choose and where to buy. Also I'm looking 4 a man, which can help me to learn. So if there is a kind Samaritan(s) which is ready to assume the responsibility 4 me I will be realy glad ;)
OxygenNov 5, 2008 @ 10:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1836 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: I want to ski but do not know where to start
Post 1
Hi Oxygen, I'm sure there will be plenty of offers for help as you have time before the season really begins later next month, and there are several places within Geneva where you can hire the entire equipment for the season. On this forum you'll find posted people looking for company to ski and also to share transport (always needed).. For the initial few visits I'd recommend getting a resort ski instructor to teach you the basics and from that point you'll find it much quicker to progress with friends.

The biggest change will be deciding where to ski, everybody has their favorites and each resort will give have a different feel whether you are into extreme (probably not) , upmarket or traditional the choice is yours..

Hi Oxygen, I'm sure there will be plenty of offers for help as you have time before the season really begins later next month, and there are several places within Geneva where you can hire the entire equipment for the season. On this forum you'll find posted people looking for company to ski and also to share transport (always needed).. For the initial few visits I'd recommend getting a resort ski instructor to teach you the basics and from that point you'll find it much quicker to progress with friends.

The biggest change will be deciding where to ski, everybody has their favorites and each resort will give have a different feel whether you are into extreme (probably not) , upmarket or traditional the choice is yours..

britabroad, Nov 5, 2008 @ 11:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Well....you should join the international ski club of Zurich (ISCZ.ch) they offer lessons for a very good price...

Cheers
Ehsaan

Well....you should join the international ski club of Zurich (ISCZ.ch) they offer lessons for a very good price...

Cheers
Ehsaan
Ehsaan, Nov 10, 2008 @ 13:24

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hey Guys,

I have been a ski & snowboard instructor for 5 years in Villars-sur-Ollon. They have amazing slopes to learn how to ski. I will be up there all season. One of the closest skiing resorts in Switzerland from Geneva & Lausanne.

I speak english, french, dutch, spanish & german fluently. I teach all levels, from beginners to advanced & I am very good with kids.

Feel free to contact me by email or simply give me a call.

Yours Sincerely,

Bart A. Kistemaker

Ski & Snowboard Instructor

Swiss Ski & Snowboard School

Chalet Montjoie, Chemin Montjoie

1884 Villars-sur-Ollon

Switzerland

Mobile: +41.78.709.6774

Chalet: +41.24.495.4415

Email: [email protected]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of conducting business with The Swiss Ski & Snowboard School. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your cooperation."
Hey Guys,

I have been a ski & snowboard instructor for 5 years in Villars-sur-Ollon. They have amazing slopes to learn how to ski. I will be up there all season. One of the closest skiing resorts in Switzerland from Geneva & Lausanne.

I speak english, french, dutch, spanish & german fluently. I teach all levels, from beginners to advanced & I am very good with kids.

Feel free to contact me by email or simply give me a call.

Yours Sincerely,

Bart A. Kistemaker

Ski & Snowboard Instructor

Swiss Ski & Snowboard School

Chalet Montjoie, Chemin Montjoie

1884 Villars-sur-Ollon

Switzerland

Mobile: +41.78.709.6774

Chalet: +41.24.495.4415

Email: [email protected]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of conducting business with The Swiss Ski & Snowboard School. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your cooperation."
Dutch-Link, Nov 26, 2008 @ 08:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1836 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form