Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Looking at Ski Season House Rental -- Portes du Soleil -- Any Insight?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking at Ski Season House Rental -- Portes du Soleil -- Any Insight?

As the title states, I am considering renting a ski house for the 2019/20 ski season.

My first choice was Chamonix and after not finding much stock for 3 bedroom 2 bathroom (minimum) apartments or chalets I decided to expand my search.

I have two children who will be 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 by the start of next season, so a good ski school option is important for them with a good learning area.  My wife and I are expert skiers (but much less aggresive since we became parents), so access to lots of interesting terrain is important to us.  I should add that we are considering skiing 3 days per week (Monday or Friday would be a remote work day for us :- ).

Currently I am considering Portes du Soleil (not sure where exactly), but I am open to suggestions.

Any insight on housing, travel difficulties, season pass, access to skiable terrain in case snow arrives late, etc. would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

The text you are quoting:

As the title states, I am considering renting a ski house for the 2019/20 ski season.

My first choice was Chamonix and after not finding much stock for 3 bedroom 2 bathroom (minimum) apartments or chalets I decided to expand my search.

I have two children who will be 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 by the start of next season, so a good ski school option is important for them with a good learning area.  My wife and I are expert skiers (but much less aggresive since we became parents), so access to lots of interesting terrain is important to us.  I should add that we are considering skiing 3 days per week (Monday or Friday would be a remote work day for us :- ).

Currently I am considering Portes du Soleil (not sure where exactly), but I am open to suggestions.

Any insight on housing, travel difficulties, season pass, access to skiable terrain in case snow arrives late, etc. would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Skirod333Apr 28, 2019 @ 20:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1729 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Looking at Ski Season House Rental -- Portes du Soleil -- Any Insight?
Post 1

Hi I am based in the Grand Massif, the valley between Chamonix and Morzine. Can I suggest you post this to the Morzine buy and sell facebook page, or consider Samoens buy and sell too. 

Good luck with your search. 

The text you are quoting:

Hi I am based in the Grand Massif, the valley between Chamonix and Morzine. Can I suggest you post this to the Morzine buy and sell facebook page, or consider Samoens buy and sell too. 

Good luck with your search. 

Louise Taylor, Jun 6, 2019 @ 11:25
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1729 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form