Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Looking to buy a snowboard -- any good deals?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking to buy a snowboard -- any good deals?
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new snowboard, binding and boots.

Anyone know of any good deals? or places to shop for this?

Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new snowboard, binding and boots.

Anyone know of any good deals? or places to shop for this?

Thanks!
parisdepaulDec 4, 2007 @ 18:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1889 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking to buy a snowboard -- any good deals?
Post 1
Rue de Neuch?tel in Paquis.
You can rent a board for the season, then buy it for quite a good price.
Rue de Neuch?tel in Paquis.
You can rent a board for the season, then buy it for quite a good price.
eva77, Dec 4, 2007 @ 19:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
It seems that the shos in Geneva are not putting out any really cheap boards in teh shop, probably in an attempt to recoup soem money afetr last years disastorous season! (no snow= no slaes!)

There are a few Boards on sale in Oschener sports on Rue De confederation, other than that Pensyre and the big Migros XXL sprts store at M parc in Carouge.

The only places i have seen truely cheap snowboards though, has been over the border in France, Intersport in Saint Genis and Go Sport in Val Thoiry have some cheap boards on sale at the moment, although they are just that, cheap brands for very low proce, not good brands for a cheap price unfortunately.

But to be honest, if you are a beginner, for your first season it will make no difference if you buy a cheap or expensive board, you're still gonna spend most of the time picking yourself up off the ground! (buy good gloves! don't want frozen hands!)

Good luck boarding :-)
It seems that the shos in Geneva are not putting out any really cheap boards in teh shop, probably in an attempt to recoup soem money afetr last years disastorous season! (no snow= no slaes!)

There are a few Boards on sale in Oschener sports on Rue De confederation, other than that Pensyre and the big Migros XXL sprts store at M parc in Carouge.

The only places i have seen truely cheap snowboards though, has been over the border in France, Intersport in Saint Genis and Go Sport in Val Thoiry have some cheap boards on sale at the moment, although they are just that, cheap brands for very low proce, not good brands for a cheap price unfortunately.

But to be honest, if you are a beginner, for your first season it will make no difference if you buy a cheap or expensive board, you're still gonna spend most of the time picking yourself up off the ground! (buy good gloves! don't want frozen hands!)

Good luck boarding :-)
BadDNA, Dec 5, 2007 @ 12:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Thanks for the response. I'll check out those places. Oh and no, I'm not a beginner, I've snowboarded since I was 11 just have only been going up once a winter since moving to the States 7 years ago because well lack of places to go. Now planning on hitting the slopes almost every weekend.
Thanks for the response. I'll check out those places. Oh and no, I'm not a beginner, I've snowboarded since I was 11 just have only been going up once a winter since moving to the States 7 years ago because well lack of places to go. Now planning on hitting the slopes almost every weekend.
parisdepaul, Dec 6, 2007 @ 16:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Another good idea is to rent a snowboard for the season... it can be alot cheaper and you can trash the board too ;) Alot of places rent boards, i think manor does.
Another good idea is to rent a snowboard for the season... it can be alot cheaper and you can trash the board too ;) Alot of places rent boards, i think manor does.
Krisa, Dec 9, 2007 @ 17:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
...but it is for male begginers (see add in the marketplace section).
...but it is for male begginers (see add in the marketplace section).
zenbrain, Dec 11, 2007 @ 16:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1889 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form