Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Meribel advice needed

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Meribel advice needed

Hi all,

I've got some exteneded family coming down from the UK to spend 7-10 days in Meribel resort middle of February.  They have done one of those all inclusive deals so they are set up nicely in Meribel village.  Meanwhile, I'm trying to get a group together from Geneva to join for the first weekend (13-15 Feb).  However, because it's high season, housing options are SEVERELY limited (and what's available is laughably high).  Two questions:

1. How easy is it to get between villages (say Altiport and Meribel village) with and without a car?

2. Any intrepid Glocals folks have a lead on some housing options in Meribel?

Cheers,

Lianne

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I've got some exteneded family coming down from the UK to spend 7-10 days in Meribel resort middle of February.  They have done one of those all inclusive deals so they are set up nicely in Meribel village.  Meanwhile, I'm trying to get a group together from Geneva to join for the first weekend (13-15 Feb).  However, because it's high season, housing options are SEVERELY limited (and what's available is laughably high).  Two questions:

1. How easy is it to get between villages (say Altiport and Meribel village) with and without a car?

2. Any intrepid Glocals folks have a lead on some housing options in Meribel?

Cheers,

Lianne

Lianne GJan 9, 2015 @ 11:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1336 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Meribel advice needed
Post 1

Hi Lianne

I think you are going to struggle to get a rental property for just two nights.  The agencies seem to only offer week long contracts.  I'm not sure that there are really any other options than a hotel.

Good luck though.

Ray

Hi Lianne

I think you are going to struggle to get a rental property for just two nights.  The agencies seem to only offer week long contracts.  I'm not sure that there are really any other options than a hotel.

Good luck though.

Ray

Ray C, Jan 25, 2015 @ 02:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Meribel advice needed
Post 2

Usually they have free bus that are available up till night... The places that you refered aren't that far from each other! With a car the only problem will be the parking... there are parking lots, but they are expensive but you might be lucky =)

Cheers

Usually they have free bus that are available up till night... The places that you refered aren't that far from each other! With a car the only problem will be the parking... there are parking lots, but they are expensive but you might be lucky =)

Cheers

Sérgio Pinto, Jan 31, 2015 @ 21:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1336 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form