Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Nearest ski resort from Geneva by public transport

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Nearest ski resort from Geneva by public transport

Hello, I'd like to know what's the nearest ski resort using public transport. Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hello, I'd like to know what's the nearest ski resort using public transport. Thanks!

Eric FJan 22, 2022 @ 16:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1881 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Nearest ski resort from Geneva by public transport
Post 1

You can easily reach Les Diablerets in Vaud with the CFF train. It first goes to Aigle and then you can catch the small mountain train that takes you right to the center of the village close to the hotels and pistes. There's a connection every hour.

There are also buses from Gare Routière (5 min walk from Cornavin train station). They go to the resorts in France some of which are even closer. It is less flexible, but suited to the opening hours of the pistes also for day trips. One of the companies there is Altibus.

And then there's a shuttle bus to Morzine (FR) from the airport, I think.

You can easily reach Les Diablerets in Vaud with the CFF train. It first goes to Aigle and then you can catch the small mountain train that takes you right to the center of the village close to the hotels and pistes. There's a connection every hour.

There are also buses from Gare Routière (5 min walk from Cornavin train station). They go to the resorts in France some of which are even closer. It is less flexible, but suited to the opening hours of the pistes also for day trips. One of the companies there is Altibus.

And then there's a shuttle bus to Morzine (FR) from the airport, I think.

Sven T, Jan 22, 2022 @ 21:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

There are ski shuttle companies that operate out of the Geneva airport, directly to several Swiss and French ski resorts. Go to the Geneva airport website or do a Google search. You will save a lot of time using them rather than public transport, and you are not tied to a fixed schedule.

There are ski shuttle companies that operate out of the Geneva airport, directly to several Swiss and French ski resorts. Go to the Geneva airport website or do a Google search. You will save a lot of time using them rather than public transport, and you are not tied to a fixed schedule.

JR M, Jan 23, 2022 @ 07:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

The nearest is probably Les Crozet/Mont Jura using TPG. 

It'smaybe  not as large as some of the others mentioned but have known people that enjoyed skiing there

https://www.paysdegex-montsjura.com/la-destination/informations/acces-transports/

Surprisingly, on the website in a brief look,  it doesn’t look  absolutely obvious  the bus connections once in France on their website - but that could be me - but if you scroll down the page nearly to the bottom, you will see the buses that you can use to cross the border.  

I used to know people that skied there, I believe that they changed buses in Ferney Voltaire to Gex (continuation of bus line F), but the timetables etc will all have changed, and also the buses.

It looks like you can also get there from taking the buses  direction Thoiry  in France now. 

Suggest you  write an email  to the ski station for direct links to timetables clearly  indicating the connections once you pass the border into France and  also the  destination bus stops

Someone local to neighbouring France reading this might be able to give you more/ better details too.

The nearest is probably Les Crozet/Mont Jura using TPG. 

It'smaybe  not as large as some of the others mentioned but have known people that enjoyed skiing there

https://www.paysdegex-montsjura.com/la-destination/informations/acces-transports/

Surprisingly, on the website in a brief look,  it doesn’t look  absolutely obvious  the bus connections once in France on their website - but that could be me - but if you scroll down the page nearly to the bottom, you will see the buses that you can use to cross the border.  

I used to know people that skied there, I believe that they changed buses in Ferney Voltaire to Gex (continuation of bus line F), but the timetables etc will all have changed, and also the buses.

It looks like you can also get there from taking the buses  direction Thoiry  in France now. 

Suggest you  write an email  to the ski station for direct links to timetables clearly  indicating the connections once you pass the border into France and  also the  destination bus stops

Someone local to neighbouring France reading this might be able to give you more/ better details too.

TogJay, Jan 23, 2022 @ 13:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Just to add, once in Gex with bus line F, it was necessary to change buses again to go up to the resort.

Just to add, once in Gex with bus line F, it was necessary to change buses again to go up to the resort.

TogJay, Jan 23, 2022 @ 13:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

you can take the Léman Express to Annemasse and from there you cross the road and there's buses that take you to Samoens (that's the one I did, there should be more options)

you can take the Léman Express to Annemasse and from there you cross the road and there's buses that take you to Samoens (that's the one I did, there should be more options)

Beatriz Gómez, Jan 24, 2022 @ 10:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I tried to go up to la Vattay from Divonne Gex a couple of weeks ago only to be told after couple of phone calls that the ski bus only operates at weekends during school holidays so we went by car.  Best option is the ski club international de Geneve which oprganises coach and reduced ski pass every weekend and you are not obliged to ski with them but must be at the bus for the return. 

There are buses to two resorts from the gare routière in Geneva fridays sats and suns from 50 francs which seems to included ski pass departs 8am returns 5 pm

You must have a covid certificsate and you must take your permis de séjour with you to get back into Switzerland

I tried to go up to la Vattay from Divonne Gex a couple of weeks ago only to be told after couple of phone calls that the ski bus only operates at weekends during school holidays so we went by car.  Best option is the ski club international de Geneve which oprganises coach and reduced ski pass every weekend and you are not obliged to ski with them but must be at the bus for the return. 

There are buses to two resorts from the gare routière in Geneva fridays sats and suns from 50 francs which seems to included ski pass departs 8am returns 5 pm

You must have a covid certificsate and you must take your permis de séjour with you to get back into Switzerland

Paul E, Jan 25, 2022 @ 16:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

You can get to Saint Gervais les Bains on the new Leman Express and then take the local bus up the mountain to the Mont Blanc.  https://www.lemanexpress.ch/fr/sevader/carte-interactive

You can get to Saint Gervais les Bains on the new Leman Express and then take the local bus up the mountain to the Mont Blanc.  https://www.lemanexpress.ch/fr/sevader/carte-interactive

mbgoldst, Jan 26, 2022 @ 14:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1881 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form