Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Ski Touring spots

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Ski Touring spots

Hi

Any touring types on here??

I am a pretty experienced Alpine skier who has just started working in Geneva and I've just got hold of my first pair of freeride skis and have got touring bindings fitted to them. I had a quick go at skinning up a lightly covered piste in Valais at the weekend and it went ok until it got steep where I started struggling for fitness big style. 

I'm staying in Gland at the moment so would be interested to know of any good places to get a bit more adventurous in the Jura mountains. Any advice would also be more than welcome as I really don't know what I'm doing.

cheers

Rich

The text you are quoting:

Hi

Any touring types on here??

I am a pretty experienced Alpine skier who has just started working in Geneva and I've just got hold of my first pair of freeride skis and have got touring bindings fitted to them. I had a quick go at skinning up a lightly covered piste in Valais at the weekend and it went ok until it got steep where I started struggling for fitness big style. 

I'm staying in Gland at the moment so would be interested to know of any good places to get a bit more adventurous in the Jura mountains. Any advice would also be more than welcome as I really don't know what I'm doing.

cheers

Rich

Rich ANov 9, 2009 @ 21:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1944 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Ski Touring spots
Post 1

Hey Rich,

I don't tour myself as rather lazy and prefer the downhill but have heard there is some pretty awesome stuff to do around Samoens. Friends of mine have a home stay chalet out there where you can turn up on your own (many do that and then meet and hang out) and will help you organise your outing with a guide and even take you along with them when they go.

Send me your email and I'll fwd you all the details if you are interested.

xx

The text you are quoting:

Hey Rich,

I don't tour myself as rather lazy and prefer the downhill but have heard there is some pretty awesome stuff to do around Samoens. Friends of mine have a home stay chalet out there where you can turn up on your own (many do that and then meet and hang out) and will help you organise your outing with a guide and even take you along with them when they go.

Send me your email and I'll fwd you all the details if you are interested.

xx

Kira, Nov 25, 2009 @ 20:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1944 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form