Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Snow activities beside ski ?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Snow activities beside ski ?

Hi folks,

I like mountains under the snow in Winter but I don't like ski.

Until now I was snowshoeing but I was wondering if you have other ideas about snow activites which are not ski ?

I was thinking about trying paragliding but missed the time to buy the BuyClub vouncher... if somebody want to sell his/her contact me.

Either I am waiting for your ideas.

Cheers !

The text you are quoting:

Hi folks,

I like mountains under the snow in Winter but I don't like ski.

Until now I was snowshoeing but I was wondering if you have other ideas about snow activites which are not ski ?

I was thinking about trying paragliding but missed the time to buy the BuyClub vouncher... if somebody want to sell his/her contact me.

Either I am waiting for your ideas.

Cheers !

Leïla HJan 9, 2015 @ 09:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1383 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Snow activities beside ski ?
Post 1

Skijoring: you're on skis pulled by a horse. I'm sure some exist around Geneva. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skijoring

Snow sleding: lots of that happening in st-cergue, just 30 min from Geneva

Skijoring: you're on skis pulled by a horse. I'm sure some exist around Geneva. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skijoring

Snow sleding: lots of that happening in st-cergue, just 30 min from Geneva

Nir Ofek, Jan 9, 2015 @ 10:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Snowshoeeing - almost all mountains propose this activity

And sledging - you may find best sledging places through myswiterland website

Snowshoeeing - almost all mountains propose this activity

And sledging - you may find best sledging places through myswiterland website

Liubov D, Jan 9, 2015 @ 11:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Skijoering is great - and you can do it in Avoriaz or Morzine which are pretty close. 

Also, there is a Geneva horse-trekking group on glocals which organises rides for all levels, including really nice treks in the winter in snowy areas. I did one with them last year and it was really beautiful.

Snow-mobiling is also lots of fun - I think there was a buy-club deal for it last year too maybe? If none this year there are quite a few places around offering that. 

Dog-sledding - there are definitely a couple of places offering this in Chamonix, and I'm sure other resorts too. 

And if you're looking for something a bit more active, maybe ice-climbing? There is quite a lot of this in Chamonix too. 

Skijoering is great - and you can do it in Avoriaz or Morzine which are pretty close. 

Also, there is a Geneva horse-trekking group on glocals which organises rides for all levels, including really nice treks in the winter in snowy areas. I did one with them last year and it was really beautiful.

Snow-mobiling is also lots of fun - I think there was a buy-club deal for it last year too maybe? If none this year there are quite a few places around offering that. 

Dog-sledding - there are definitely a couple of places offering this in Chamonix, and I'm sure other resorts too. 

And if you're looking for something a bit more active, maybe ice-climbing? There is quite a lot of this in Chamonix too. 

Fionnuala O, Jan 9, 2015 @ 14:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks you all - Fionnuala, that was defintly the kind of excentric ideas I was looking for. Definitly want to try skijoering and all other stuff ! Although ice-climbing require serious trinaning in climbing first...

Thanks you all - Fionnuala, that was defintly the kind of excentric ideas I was looking for. Definitly want to try skijoering and all other stuff ! Although ice-climbing require serious trinaning in climbing first...

Leïla H, Jan 11, 2015 @ 19:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Butterfly swimming in the snow is fun.

Butterfly swimming in the snow is fun.

Dave G, Jan 12, 2015 @ 01:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Leila,

Just a thought, if you really want to try paragliding, try contacting them direct and explain you missed the Buyclub voucher but would like to come at that offer price. I've had success with that for a couple of vouchers which came and closed up while i was away on business.

They may say no, but they may say yes - worth a try, nothing to lose :-)

Malcolm

Leila,

Just a thought, if you really want to try paragliding, try contacting them direct and explain you missed the Buyclub voucher but would like to come at that offer price. I've had success with that for a couple of vouchers which came and closed up while i was away on business.

They may say no, but they may say yes - worth a try, nothing to lose :-)

Malcolm

Malcolm C, Jan 12, 2015 @ 09:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

For paragliding I suggest you waiting for a spring - is much more interesting and comfortable, and there are more options for locations.
And instead of using buyclub offer you better go to France (which is cheaper thant "discounted" swiss offer). Try Saleve and Annecy.

For paragliding I suggest you waiting for a spring - is much more interesting and comfortable, and there are more options for locations.
And instead of using buyclub offer you better go to France (which is cheaper thant "discounted" swiss offer). Try Saleve and Annecy.

Masha S, Jan 14, 2015 @ 09:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1383 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form