Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Snowboarding in December

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Snowboarding in December

Hi everyone! I am learning snowboarding & would like to take a week off in December to go practising every day to France/Suisse. I ve got a car & am just searching for a company to start the season. If anyone is interested drop me a line & let's go :)

Have a nice weekend,

Julia

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone! I am learning snowboarding & would like to take a week off in December to go practising every day to France/Suisse. I ve got a car & am just searching for a company to start the season. If anyone is interested drop me a line & let's go :)

Have a nice weekend,

Julia

YuliaNov 2, 2012 @ 10:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

20 Replies | 1983 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Snowboarding in December
Post 1

Hey Julia,

I wanna begin snowboarding as well. I was skiing before but wanna drop that off. If you are alright with taking off with a total beginner I'm in.

Cheers,

A.

Hey Julia,

I wanna begin snowboarding as well. I was skiing before but wanna drop that off. If you are alright with taking off with a total beginner I'm in.

Cheers,

A.

Anil Y, Nov 2, 2012 @ 22:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

hey-

i like to snowboard a lot, been doing it for years.  Just moved to zurich so looking for new people to hang with and also board with.  I also have a car and wan tto get going more on the weekends out to the slopes.  Where you thinking of going?

hey-

i like to snowboard a lot, been doing it for years.  Just moved to zurich so looking for new people to hang with and also board with.  I also have a car and wan tto get going more on the weekends out to the slopes.  Where you thinking of going?

James K, Nov 4, 2012 @ 21:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Maybe in December there will be not enough snow ?

Maybe in December there will be not enough snow ?

Olga Z, Nov 4, 2012 @ 21:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Anil, I am a total beginner as well, so the main goal is to practise on the green/blue slopes. I am taking the week of Dec 17-21 off so planning to go every day. James, I am about to start in the neighbouring France, there are a lot of debutant slopes there :)

Olga let's hope so :))

Anil, I am a total beginner as well, so the main goal is to practise on the green/blue slopes. I am taking the week of Dec 17-21 off so planning to go every day. James, I am about to start in the neighbouring France, there are a lot of debutant slopes there :)

Olga let's hope so :))

Yulia, Nov 5, 2012 @ 10:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hello, 

I've just moved to Geneva, I've skiied before and would like to learn to snowboard his season.... I'm free during the weekends to hit the slopes... any advice on wheres best to go skiing, groups and companies would be great... ?

Hello, 

I've just moved to Geneva, I've skiied before and would like to learn to snowboard his season.... I'm free during the weekends to hit the slopes... any advice on wheres best to go skiing, groups and companies would be great... ?

Marieke Wright, Nov 9, 2012 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hello!

I am an "intermediate" level snowboarder...always up for good slopes...please keep me in the circulation for whatever snow activity you plan to go for!

Cheers.

Luca

Hello!

I am an "intermediate" level snowboarder...always up for good slopes...please keep me in the circulation for whatever snow activity you plan to go for!

Cheers.

Luca

Luca C, Nov 17, 2012 @ 14:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hello,

I'd like to learn snowboard as well. I spent the last two years learning ski but I want to move on snow board. If is there someone for a week-end (an entire week is not possible for me for the time being) let me know. BTW, do you know some place where is possible to lear not too far from Basel ?

Hello,

I'd like to learn snowboard as well. I spent the last two years learning ski but I want to move on snow board. If is there someone for a week-end (an entire week is not possible for me for the time being) let me know. BTW, do you know some place where is possible to lear not too far from Basel ?

Giuseppe P, Nov 17, 2012 @ 16:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hello all,

Im new to skiing and snowboarding ( and Switzerland) this sounds like a great idea Yulia, unfortunately a week is not possible but I'm very interested in any other beginner snowboarding ventures....:-)

Hello all,

Im new to skiing and snowboarding ( and Switzerland) this sounds like a great idea Yulia, unfortunately a week is not possible but I'm very interested in any other beginner snowboarding ventures....:-)

Elaine m, Nov 17, 2012 @ 18:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hey Guys,

Okay it seems like we are at least 5 beginners here. So it may be a good idea to take group classes. It d come down to much cheaper and I'm sure we'll have fun :) But more than 3-4 people per instructor could be a bit frustrating.

I dont intend to advertise anything but I ve found these guys online and they seem pretty solid : http://www.altitude-verbier.com/lessons/group-lessons/

We were talking with Yulia to meet up together. Maybe it would be better if we meet up altogether tomorrow or something and discuss our options? What do  you guys say?

Cheers,

A

Hey Guys,

Okay it seems like we are at least 5 beginners here. So it may be a good idea to take group classes. It d come down to much cheaper and I'm sure we'll have fun :) But more than 3-4 people per instructor could be a bit frustrating.

I dont intend to advertise anything but I ve found these guys online and they seem pretty solid : http://www.altitude-verbier.com/lessons/group-lessons/

We were talking with Yulia to meet up together. Maybe it would be better if we meet up altogether tomorrow or something and discuss our options? What do  you guys say?

Cheers,

A

Anil Y, Nov 17, 2012 @ 19:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Group lessons sounds like a great idea, count me in! Lets meet!

Group lessons sounds like a great idea, count me in! Lets meet!

Marieke Wright, Nov 18, 2012 @ 00:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Please let me know if there is anyone from Zurich interested in organizing sky/snowboard week ends! The Snow Season is approaching better to be prepared!

Please let me know if there is anyone from Zurich interested in organizing sky/snowboard week ends! The Snow Season is approaching better to be prepared!

Luca C, Nov 18, 2012 @ 10:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hi guys, it’s snowing in Chamonix as I’m writing this with a massive dump of snow forecasted this week the season will kick off to a great start with the opening of Grand Montets on the 8th December. I run a beautiful chalet in Chamonix (45min from Geneva) and am offering “Cheeky Mountain Break” specials. After seeing this thread I have included Snow Board/Ski Instructors to the Bed and breakfast package.

3 Night “Cheeky long Weekend”: Thursday, Friday, Saturday and late checkout Sunday. €297 for a twin/double room. This gives you 3 full days riding the mountain! Plus Bed and breakfast in our 3 star Chalet and 3 hours Private Ski or Snow board Instruction.

4 Night “Cheeky Midweek Break”: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and a late checkout on Thursday. € 314 for a twin/double room. 4 hours Private Ski or Snow board Instruction.

We have a practice piste here at the chalet to learn the basics before heading up the mountain. If there is 2 or more in a beginner group the overall prices can be reduced. Please feel free to contact me here or by e mail. Aaron.a.d.cooke@gmail and visit our site www.allmountainchamonix.com

Cheers

Aaron

Hi guys, it’s snowing in Chamonix as I’m writing this with a massive dump of snow forecasted this week the season will kick off to a great start with the opening of Grand Montets on the 8th December. I run a beautiful chalet in Chamonix (45min from Geneva) and am offering “Cheeky Mountain Break” specials. After seeing this thread I have included Snow Board/Ski Instructors to the Bed and breakfast package.

3 Night “Cheeky long Weekend”: Thursday, Friday, Saturday and late checkout Sunday. €297 for a twin/double room. This gives you 3 full days riding the mountain! Plus Bed and breakfast in our 3 star Chalet and 3 hours Private Ski or Snow board Instruction.

4 Night “Cheeky Midweek Break”: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and a late checkout on Thursday. € 314 for a twin/double room. 4 hours Private Ski or Snow board Instruction.

We have a practice piste here at the chalet to learn the basics before heading up the mountain. If there is 2 or more in a beginner group the overall prices can be reduced. Please feel free to contact me here or by e mail. Aaron.a.d.cooke@gmail and visit our site www.allmountainchamonix.com

Cheers

Aaron

Aaron Cooke, Dec 2, 2012 @ 10:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Anybody interested in Aarons weekend snoboarding @ chamonix?

A beginners weekend??

Anybody interested in Aarons weekend snoboarding @ chamonix?

A beginners weekend??

Elaine m, Dec 4, 2012 @ 19:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Come on guys! Cheep place to stay and snow board and ski instructors at your disposal plus its all in beautiful valley in the french alps. There is a mass of snow on the slopes and in the streets. Let me know if you can drag 2 or 4 people along and ill sort the rest.

Aaron

Come on guys! Cheep place to stay and snow board and ski instructors at your disposal plus its all in beautiful valley in the french alps. There is a mass of snow on the slopes and in the streets. Let me know if you can drag 2 or 4 people along and ill sort the rest.

Aaron

Aaron Cooke, Dec 5, 2012 @ 17:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Yeah for the next weekend, why not? I'm in for the beginners weekend : )

Yeah for the next weekend, why not? I'm in for the beginners weekend : )

Anil Y, Dec 8, 2012 @ 21:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

I'm more up for a ski, so is there also interest for a Mix? If so, I'll ask for thursday/friday off from work... btw, live in Lausanne

I'm more up for a ski, so is there also interest for a Mix? If so, I'll ask for thursday/friday off from work... btw, live in Lausanne

Alain F, Dec 9, 2012 @ 11:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Great so thats 2 so far, can we have more!? I was up at Les Houches yesterday and Grands montets today. I hurt, im tired and soooo happy all at the same time. The off piste snow was amazing the piste was packed powder. Ill post pictures and videos soon on our face book page: allmountainchamonix  The winter paragliding season has started too. 

POWDER to the PEOPLE!

Great so thats 2 so far, can we have more!? I was up at Les Houches yesterday and Grands montets today. I hurt, im tired and soooo happy all at the same time. The off piste snow was amazing the piste was packed powder. Ill post pictures and videos soon on our face book page: allmountainchamonix  The winter paragliding season has started too. 

POWDER to the PEOPLE!

Aaron Cooke, Dec 9, 2012 @ 12:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Okay guys so are we doing this beginners weekend or what? I have a Greek friend and she may join as well. If we are doing that we should set up beforehand, arrange all the transportations and everything.

Okay guys so are we doing this beginners weekend or what? I have a Greek friend and she may join as well. If we are doing that we should set up beforehand, arrange all the transportations and everything.

Anil Y, Dec 11, 2012 @ 20:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

i'm out, now to short term

i'm out, now to short term

Alain F, Dec 11, 2012 @ 21:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Hey there. I will keep one eye on this thread and one on the powder.

let me know numbers and if i can help any on [email protected]

Im out all tomorrow at Grands Montets... mid week... fresh snow... no queues... ;)

Hey there. I will keep one eye on this thread and one on the powder.

let me know numbers and if i can help any on [email protected]

Im out all tomorrow at Grands Montets... mid week... fresh snow... no queues... ;)

Aaron Cooke, Dec 11, 2012 @ 21:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
20 Replies | 1983 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form