Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Where to go skiing close to Geneva by bus or train?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where to go skiing close to Geneva by bus or train?

Hi everyone,

I realize that this could be a very noob question, but actually I've been searching a lot and, despite the cliché that Geneva is superconnected for winter sports, I've found that the only place where it's easy to go to ski for a daytrip is Chamonix, thanks to the buses leaving from Place Dorciere.

Crozet is very near to Geneva, but it looks like there's no public transport to it. Do you know other places where I can go leaving from central Geneva?

Thanks a lot!

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

I realize that this could be a very noob question, but actually I've been searching a lot and, despite the cliché that Geneva is superconnected for winter sports, I've found that the only place where it's easy to go to ski for a daytrip is Chamonix, thanks to the buses leaving from Place Dorciere.

Crozet is very near to Geneva, but it looks like there's no public transport to it. Do you know other places where I can go leaving from central Geneva?

Thanks a lot!

Andrea SJan 28, 2019 @ 16:42
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 2179 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where to go skiing close to Geneva by bus or train?
Post 1

Geneva is indeed superconnected for winter sports, and the main hub is the airport, for obvious reasons. I mean, think about it. If you have been to any of the dozens of resorts within three hours of Geneva, you have seen people from all over the world having ski holidays there. Where do they fly in to get there? And unless they rent a car, they will need.... a shuttle.

Do a "Google" search for "Cointrin airport ski shuttles" and you will get a lot of results.

You can also go to the website of the ski resort you are interested in, and they will usually have a tab titled something like "how to get here" or "practical information." Invariably, they will have info on transport from Geneva.

As for Monts Jura (Crozet, Col de la Faucille), go to their website and under the "practical information" tab you will find a link that will take you to a Pays de Gex page where you scroll down until you find "skibus" and click to get here:

https://www.paysdegex-tourisme.com/bus-lignes-regulieres.html

It has information on bus transportation and a shuttle (navette) from the train station

Geneva is indeed superconnected for winter sports, and the main hub is the airport, for obvious reasons. I mean, think about it. If you have been to any of the dozens of resorts within three hours of Geneva, you have seen people from all over the world having ski holidays there. Where do they fly in to get there? And unless they rent a car, they will need.... a shuttle.

Do a "Google" search for "Cointrin airport ski shuttles" and you will get a lot of results.

You can also go to the website of the ski resort you are interested in, and they will usually have a tab titled something like "how to get here" or "practical information." Invariably, they will have info on transport from Geneva.

As for Monts Jura (Crozet, Col de la Faucille), go to their website and under the "practical information" tab you will find a link that will take you to a Pays de Gex page where you scroll down until you find "skibus" and click to get here:

https://www.paysdegex-tourisme.com/bus-lignes-regulieres.html

It has information on bus transportation and a shuttle (navette) from the train station

JR M, Jan 28, 2019 @ 20:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Where to go skiing close to Geneva by bus or train?
Post 2

You can take EasyBus from the Airport to Chamonix and Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz in France. 

You can take EasyBus from the Airport to Chamonix and Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz in France. 

Melissa Wong, Jan 29, 2019 @ 20:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 2179 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form