Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > how easy is snowshoeing?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
how easy is snowshoeing?
As I organise snowshoe events, various people have asked me how easy snowshoeing is.

Over the last weeks, several persons with little or no snowshoe experience joined our group. They had a good time and found it easy to walk on snowshoes. Almost all of them are fit people who regularly practice other sports.

Obviously, walking on snowshoes is heavier than regular walking because of the snow and the weight of the shoes. The few people who reported problems in knees or legs had previous injuries or accidents. If this is also the case with you, you better be careful and do only easy snowshoe hikes: two or three hours at most on rather flat terrain. The same goes for persons who do not regularly do other sports: take it easy for a start.
The text you are quoting:
As I organise snowshoe events, various people have asked me how easy snowshoeing is.

Over the last weeks, several persons with little or no snowshoe experience joined our group. They had a good time and found it easy to walk on snowshoes. Almost all of them are fit people who regularly practice other sports.

Obviously, walking on snowshoes is heavier than regular walking because of the snow and the weight of the shoes. The few people who reported problems in knees or legs had previous injuries or accidents. If this is also the case with you, you better be careful and do only easy snowshoe hikes: two or three hours at most on rather flat terrain. The same goes for persons who do not regularly do other sports: take it easy for a start.
kassariFeb 15, 2008 @ 12:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 1491 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 1491 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form