Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > snowkite lessons

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
snowkite lessons

I have posted a few times proposed outings to go snowkiting. I mostly received responses saying "I can't do it but it would be so cool to try". 

So, if someone's interested I would be happy to give snowkite lessons to whoever thinks it's cool enough to try:)  It'd be 100CHF/1.5hrs with me providing all the gear, of course.

the dates and locations of course depend on the actual conditions, so if u r interested please shoot me a message/reply here, or give me a shout at 0786034551

This weekend the conditions will be perfect (snow is there and bise is blowing), so I will most likely go to Chasseron. Les Rasses has a great place to teach kite basics;)

The text you are quoting:

I have posted a few times proposed outings to go snowkiting. I mostly received responses saying "I can't do it but it would be so cool to try". 

So, if someone's interested I would be happy to give snowkite lessons to whoever thinks it's cool enough to try:)  It'd be 100CHF/1.5hrs with me providing all the gear, of course.

the dates and locations of course depend on the actual conditions, so if u r interested please shoot me a message/reply here, or give me a shout at 0786034551

This weekend the conditions will be perfect (snow is there and bise is blowing), so I will most likely go to Chasseron. Les Rasses has a great place to teach kite basics;)

cisioFeb 2, 2012 @ 15:17
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 2045 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: snowkite lessons
Post 1

Hi, what size kites do you use for snowkiting? I have been kitesurfing and have my kite here, but guess you probably use 2 or 3m kites?

All the best,

Nick

Hi, what size kites do you use for snowkiting? I have been kitesurfing and have my kite here, but guess you probably use 2 or 3m kites?

All the best,

Nick

Nick Shiroi, Feb 2, 2012 @ 15:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Nick, not at all. 2-3m kites are good on ice with skates only. In powder snow u need the same kite size as you would use on water. Depending on the spot, if u want to go uphill you need the same size even on packed snow.

K.

Nick, not at all. 2-3m kites are good on ice with skates only. In powder snow u need the same kite size as you would use on water. Depending on the spot, if u want to go uphill you need the same size even on packed snow.

K.

cisio, Feb 2, 2012 @ 15:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Cool, so there can be a lot of power then!! Do you use skis or a snowboard? Or do you teach on buggies? I have all the kitesurfing gear here and had considered it but no more... Do you use similar harnesses?

Nick

Cool, so there can be a lot of power then!! Do you use skis or a snowboard? Or do you teach on buggies? I have all the kitesurfing gear here and had considered it but no more... Do you use similar harnesses?

Nick

Nick Shiroi, Feb 2, 2012 @ 15:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Nick

Feb 2, 12 15:49

Absolutely you do pretty much the same stuff with the kite as on water, except for some launching and landing tricks. But you need power to boost the jumps man!;) Harness can be identical, no problem. There are dedicated snowkite harnesses if you are up to spending extra cash. I find it of liittle use.

I use skis mostly because I can walk with them, and u can also edge harder for better pop. Landing is trickier on skis though. On powpow a snowboard is clearly better.

Absolutely you do pretty much the same stuff with the kite as on water, except for some launching and landing tricks. But you need power to boost the jumps man!;) Harness can be identical, no problem. There are dedicated snowkite harnesses if you are up to spending extra cash. I find it of liittle use.

I use skis mostly because I can walk with them, and u can also edge harder for better pop. Landing is trickier on skis though. On powpow a snowboard is clearly better.

cisio, Feb 2, 2012 @ 16:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi,

I just saw your message and I'll be interested to do some kitesnow... are you still available and motivated to teach snowkiting?

Thanks

David

Hi,

I just saw your message and I'll be interested to do some kitesnow... are you still available and motivated to teach snowkiting?

Thanks

David

david b, Dec 14, 2012 @ 08:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

This sounds GREAT!

The lessons still on?

Are you a qualified teacher, or just a good snowkiter teaching others (which is no problem, just to know)?

Nir

This sounds GREAT!

The lessons still on?

Are you a qualified teacher, or just a good snowkiter teaching others (which is no problem, just to know)?

Nir

Nir Ofek, Dec 14, 2012 @ 10:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

This sounds GREAT!

The lessons still on?

Nir

Dec 14, 12 10:36

LOL, Nir, there are no "qualified teachers" in snowkiting. Or, should I say, there are qualified ones but not "certified" ones, if that's what you meant.

I am just an experienced kiter (water+snow) who sometimes teaches others. 

LOL, Nir, there are no "qualified teachers" in snowkiting. Or, should I say, there are qualified ones but not "certified" ones, if that's what you meant.

I am just an experienced kiter (water+snow) who sometimes teaches others. 

cisio, Dec 14, 2012 @ 18:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi,

Thanks

David

Dec 14, 12 08:35

David, Nir,

I haven't really kicked off this season yet. In Switzerland the right combination of wind and snow conditions is too irregular to predict or make it a regular activity. But I will be posting if there will be good conditions ahead, and I will have the time to teach.

K.

David, Nir,

I haven't really kicked off this season yet. In Switzerland the right combination of wind and snow conditions is too irregular to predict or make it a regular activity. But I will be posting if there will be good conditions ahead, and I will have the time to teach.

K.

cisio, Dec 14, 2012 @ 19:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Cisio,

I am interested too. I can kitesurf but I am not really good (advanced beginner I would say), do we need an advanced level for kitsnow?

Also, I have no kite equipment (no kite, no harness...) at the moment. Is there a way to rent?

Maxime

Hi Cisio,

I am interested too. I can kitesurf but I am not really good (advanced beginner I would say), do we need an advanced level for kitsnow?

Also, I have no kite equipment (no kite, no harness...) at the moment. Is there a way to rent?

Maxime

Maxime C, Dec 14, 2012 @ 21:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi Cisio,  I hope you still around, I'm interested. I took some lessons and I want to continue. and if you have kite size of 4- 6 m2. I want to practice kite flying.              I know that this thread is  old . And try to revive .  Are you there??? 

Hi Cisio,  I hope you still around, I'm interested. I took some lessons and I want to continue. and if you have kite size of 4- 6 m2. I want to practice kite flying.              I know that this thread is  old . And try to revive .  Are you there??? 

penny m, Jan 9, 2021 @ 21:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

By chance. Does anyone from the group selling old foil kites (second hand) for affordable price and harness too with legs strap. Thanks 

By chance. Does anyone from the group selling old foil kites (second hand) for affordable price and harness too with legs strap. Thanks 

penny m, Jan 9, 2021 @ 21:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 2045 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form