Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > starting to ski without a car in Lausanne

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
starting to ski without a car in Lausanne

Hello all!

My husband and I are new to the area and are interested in learning to ski this winter. We both grew up in the Midwest of the US and have spent the last several years in Florida, meaning we've both never really skied... ever. 

We also don't have a car and don't plan on necessarily getting one. We want to start with down hill, but both backcountry and cross country are also very appealing to us, if someone has info on those, that would be greatly appreciated as well!

Are there places we can get to via public transit where we can start appreciating these winter sports?

Thank you very much for all your help' glocalers!

The text you are quoting:

Hello all!

My husband and I are new to the area and are interested in learning to ski this winter. We both grew up in the Midwest of the US and have spent the last several years in Florida, meaning we've both never really skied... ever. 

We also don't have a car and don't plan on necessarily getting one. We want to start with down hill, but both backcountry and cross country are also very appealing to us, if someone has info on those, that would be greatly appreciated as well!

Are there places we can get to via public transit where we can start appreciating these winter sports?

Thank you very much for all your help' glocalers!

Kirsten MartinDec 5, 2013 @ 09:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1637 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: starting to ski without a car in Lausanne
Post 1

Try Snow’n’Rail.

Snow’n’Rail are advantageous winter sport combined offers with a discount on the public transport journey as well as on the 1-day, 2-day and now also the 6-day ski pass. You too can benefit from these attractive Snow’n’Rail combined offers!

20% discount on the journey by train and bus
20% discount on the ski pas

https://www.sbb.ch/en/leisure-holidays/day-trips/snownrail.html

Try Snow’n’Rail.

Snow’n’Rail are advantageous winter sport combined offers with a discount on the public transport journey as well as on the 1-day, 2-day and now also the 6-day ski pass. You too can benefit from these attractive Snow’n’Rail combined offers!

20% discount on the journey by train and bus
20% discount on the ski pas

https://www.sbb.ch/en/leisure-holidays/day-trips/snownrail.html

Oonagh, Dec 5, 2013 @ 09:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

or (more generally) car sharing

http://tooxme.com/

or (more generally) car sharing

http://tooxme.com/

Sacha B, Dec 9, 2013 @ 15:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

These resorts are close by and you can use the Snow'n'Rail as suggested - Leysin, Les Mosses/La Lécherette, Les Diablerets and Villars/Gryon. 

For XC skiing, Les Mosses is very good and also La Givrine can be accessed by public transport. More snow is needed as La Givrine has not been groomed as yet and there is only a few Km's open at Les Mosses.

Drop me a message if you are interested in a xc skiing initiation.  I have run a couple already this season, but should be doing a few more in Feb.

Enjoy the skiing!

These resorts are close by and you can use the Snow'n'Rail as suggested - Leysin, Les Mosses/La Lécherette, Les Diablerets and Villars/Gryon. 

For XC skiing, Les Mosses is very good and also La Givrine can be accessed by public transport. More snow is needed as La Givrine has not been groomed as yet and there is only a few Km's open at Les Mosses.

Drop me a message if you are interested in a xc skiing initiation.  I have run a couple already this season, but should be doing a few more in Feb.

Enjoy the skiing!

zimmo, Dec 16, 2013 @ 10:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1637 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form