Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > tips for snowshoes

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
tips for snowshoes
For snowshoes, I recommend brand TSL, model 225 or the new model 325 (for persons up to 70-75 kg. the 05 models are fine). They are cheaper in France (90 resp. 100 Euro at Decathlon in Annemasse) than in Switzerland (230 Francs at Ochsner Sports for the 325). You will also need poles and gaiters.

If you have not done showshoes before, you may want to rent them the first time, to find out whether you like it. For example at Passe-Montagne, 32 blvd. Carl-Vogt, tel. 022-3210048.

For clothes, you need to wear three or four layers, so that you can "peel off" one or two layers as it gets warmer during the day and your body warms up. For me, warm, synthetic underwear and a fleece are essential. You can get them at the big sports shops: Ochsner Sport at Rue du March? 9-11 in the centre or at La Praille, Migros Sport XX at La Praille or Balexert. Also here, you will be cheaper off in France, though the quality may not be exactly the same.

Enjoy!

kassari = Bert
The text you are quoting:
For snowshoes, I recommend brand TSL, model 225 or the new model 325 (for persons up to 70-75 kg. the 05 models are fine). They are cheaper in France (90 resp. 100 Euro at Decathlon in Annemasse) than in Switzerland (230 Francs at Ochsner Sports for the 325). You will also need poles and gaiters.

If you have not done showshoes before, you may want to rent them the first time, to find out whether you like it. For example at Passe-Montagne, 32 blvd. Carl-Vogt, tel. 022-3210048.

For clothes, you need to wear three or four layers, so that you can "peel off" one or two layers as it gets warmer during the day and your body warms up. For me, warm, synthetic underwear and a fleece are essential. You can get them at the big sports shops: Ochsner Sport at Rue du March? 9-11 in the centre or at La Praille, Migros Sport XX at La Praille or Balexert. Also here, you will be cheaper off in France, though the quality may not be exactly the same.

Enjoy!

kassari = Bert
kassariNov 20, 2007 @ 11:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1952 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
1 Replies | 1952 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form