Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > where is the best place to go for End of season ski sales near Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
where is the best place to go for End of season ski sales near Geneva

Hi

A mate of mine has just got back from Val and managed to buy a new pair of skis/bindings for 400euro instead of 750 euro as the ski shop was having an end of season ski sale. Does anyone know if there are any shops around Geneva have the same deals for new Skis.

The text you are quoting:

Hi

A mate of mine has just got back from Val and managed to buy a new pair of skis/bindings for 400euro instead of 750 euro as the ski shop was having an end of season ski sale. Does anyone know if there are any shops around Geneva have the same deals for new Skis.

Guy BMay 3, 2013 @ 11:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 2038 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: where is the best place to go for End of season ski sales near Geneva
Post 1

Penseyres has closed now for the summer season, so your best bet in Geneva itself would be the normal sports shops, who might have the odd pair of skis still knocking about in a sale bucket – e.g. Oschner, maybe Manor sports section.

If you can get across to Chamonix it’s still a little open for skiing, and while a lot of the ski-only shops have closed up now, those operating in summer as well for biking/climbing gear might still have some decent skis around on sale. Otherwise Val Thorens and Tignes will still have a fair few shops open, with sales on. They’re almost 3hours drive though, and closing the weekend after this.

Or buy online – it’s not like you’ll be able to try them out now anyway if you bought in Geneva itself, and any decent online shop will set the bindings for you if you tell them your weight, experience, and boot sole length.

Penseyres has closed now for the summer season, so your best bet in Geneva itself would be the normal sports shops, who might have the odd pair of skis still knocking about in a sale bucket – e.g. Oschner, maybe Manor sports section.

If you can get across to Chamonix it’s still a little open for skiing, and while a lot of the ski-only shops have closed up now, those operating in summer as well for biking/climbing gear might still have some decent skis around on sale. Otherwise Val Thorens and Tignes will still have a fair few shops open, with sales on. They’re almost 3hours drive though, and closing the weekend after this.

Or buy online – it’s not like you’ll be able to try them out now anyway if you bought in Geneva itself, and any decent online shop will set the bindings for you if you tell them your weight, experience, and boot sole length.

Fionnuala O, May 3, 2013 @ 13:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I had great luck at Decathalon Epagny in Annecy - it's only about 30 minutes from Geneva and possible by public transport. Happy shopping!

I had great luck at Decathalon Epagny in Annecy - it's only about 30 minutes from Geneva and possible by public transport. Happy shopping!

Amanda N, May 7, 2013 @ 16:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Y don't u go to snowinn.com I just bought a pair of atomic panic ski w binding for about 320chf. Its worth it.

Y don't u go to snowinn.com I just bought a pair of atomic panic ski w binding for about 320chf. Its worth it.

shakin chua, May 9, 2013 @ 08:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

This may be too late but i definitely agreee with the online suggestion. I use snowinn and sport conrad. becasue of the weak Pund you may also want to look at UK retailers like edgeandwax and snowandrock.

This may be too late but i definitely agreee with the online suggestion. I use snowinn and sport conrad. becasue of the weak Pund you may also want to look at UK retailers like edgeandwax and snowandrock.

Chris B, May 21, 2013 @ 09:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Of course it is verbier. They do open almost everything at the end of november and the snow is already very good there. "Megève" is way too low.

Of course it is verbier. They do open almost everything at the end of november and the snow is already very good there. "Megève" is way too low.

hassel lee, Jun 17, 2013 @ 08:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 2038 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form