Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > who's up for spending new year's eve/day/weekend up in snow country?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
who's up for spending new year's eve/day/weekend up in snow country?
ok.. i'm a last minute planner, and dreaming that there may still be opening somewhere out there in the vast open Swiss mountains to spend over New Years weekend.

So, if anyone is looking for an extra person to share a spot, or if I can find a group of girls interested in renting a car and heading up to Verbier, please contact me.  I am looking into lodging this weekend.  I do not expect it will be 'cheap' though... :crying: but as this will be my last winter, my objective is to experience a swiss winter in the mountains :)

The text you are quoting:
ok.. i'm a last minute planner, and dreaming that there may still be opening somewhere out there in the vast open Swiss mountains to spend over New Years weekend.

So, if anyone is looking for an extra person to share a spot, or if I can find a group of girls interested in renting a car and heading up to Verbier, please contact me.  I am looking into lodging this weekend.  I do not expect it will be 'cheap' though... :crying: but as this will be my last winter, my objective is to experience a swiss winter in the mountains :)
YouMeCoNov 27, 2008 @ 12:56

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 2208 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: who's up for spending new year's eve/day/weekend up in snow country?
Post 1
ok. i now understand why Verbier & Swiss are paradoxical.

However, I'm still up for spending 2-3 days up in the mountains near a ski slope with friends of all ages who are not going anywhere.  Still looking into it, but if anyone like me is looking for something to do, or can recommend me something, drop me a line.

Y

ok. i now understand why Verbier & Swiss are paradoxical.

However, I'm still up for spending 2-3 days up in the mountains near a ski slope with friends of all ages who are not going anywhere.  Still looking into it, but if anyone like me is looking for something to do, or can recommend me something, drop me a line.

Y
YouMeCo, Nov 28, 2008 @ 13:30

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hello,

I am actually running a chalet in Chamonix this winter - it is opening for the first time (although the chalet is old - 1950's, very traditional)! Anyway, the marketing brochures have not been sent out yet (so the New Year week is still available) and i thought i would post quickly on Glocals before distributing and then i saw your message! :-) Unfortunately we are renting out by the week so if you don't have the time then perhaps it's not an option. Having said that, i'm sure you wouldn't struggle to find people to fill it. If you're interested in seeing the brochure i can send it to you? The chalet has 3 (double occupancy) bedrooms so it sleeps 6 very comfortably (no sofa beds or couches!)

Let me know :-)

Oliver
Hello,

I am actually running a chalet in Chamonix this winter - it is opening for the first time (although the chalet is old - 1950's, very traditional)! Anyway, the marketing brochures have not been sent out yet (so the New Year week is still available) and i thought i would post quickly on Glocals before distributing and then i saw your message! :-) Unfortunately we are renting out by the week so if you don't have the time then perhaps it's not an option. Having said that, i'm sure you wouldn't struggle to find people to fill it. If you're interested in seeing the brochure i can send it to you? The chalet has 3 (double occupancy) bedrooms so it sleeps 6 very comfortably (no sofa beds or couches!)

Let me know :-)

Oliver
OliP333, Nov 29, 2008 @ 00:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
heeeey... i'd be interested in making in up to the snow one of these weekends! let me know details and what you had in mind :)
heeeey... i'd be interested in making in up to the snow one of these weekends! let me know details and what you had in mind :)
Alia1218, Nov 29, 2008 @ 18:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
hey sounds great! count me in for the NY's eve. let me know what you think/plan. thnx
hey sounds great! count me in for the NY's eve. let me know what you think/plan. thnx
skhachyan, Nov 30, 2008 @ 23:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Hi Ladies, during the NYE period, unless we try to find a hotel, we will not get a 'chalet' to rent this late in the game. Instead you have to rent for the whole week and the entire chalet.  It would be for example 6 people sharing 3 bedrooms from a Sunday to Saturday. Send me a mail letting me know if you are able to join for the entire or part of the period, but you'd have to pay for the entire week (it comes to under 300Euro per person).
Hi Ladies, during the NYE period, unless we try to find a hotel, we will not get a 'chalet' to rent this late in the game. Instead you have to rent for the whole week and the entire chalet.  It would be for example 6 people sharing 3 bedrooms from a Sunday to Saturday. Send me a mail letting me know if you are able to join for the entire or part of the period, but you'd have to pay for the entire week (it comes to under 300Euro per person).
YouMeCo, Dec 1, 2008 @ 03:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

In my humble opinion:

The relation between “Swiss winter” and “Verbier” is neither antonomical, nor paradoxical.

Antonymical = a word of opposite meaning

paradoxical = one (as a person, situation, or action) having seemingly contradictory qualities or phases.

At best, “Swiss winter” is Ambiguous = capable of being understood in two or more possible senses or ways: It could be warm in the plains and snowing in the mountains during the winter.

In my humble opinion:

The relation between “Swiss winter” and “Verbier” is neither antonomical, nor paradoxical.

Antonymical = a word of opposite meaning

paradoxical = one (as a person, situation, or action) having seemingly contradictory qualities or phases.

At best, “Swiss winter” is Ambiguous = capable of being understood in two or more possible senses or ways: It could be warm in the plains and snowing in the mountains during the winter.

niceguy, Dec 2, 2008 @ 14:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 2208 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form