Login or Sign Up

Forums in Basel > Basel > Good hotel in Basel?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Good hotel in Basel?

I am coming to Basel in December for a weekend with my parents, to show them the Christmas market.  I'm looking for a nice, comfortable hotel in a central location which is good for the market.  Any recommendations would be great - we don't want anything expensive, just comfortable and clean.

Thanks.

The text you are quoting:

I am coming to Basel in December for a weekend with my parents, to show them the Christmas market.  I'm looking for a nice, comfortable hotel in a central location which is good for the market.  Any recommendations would be great - we don't want anything expensive, just comfortable and clean.

Thanks.

TinarenaOct 19, 2010 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1573 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Good hotel in Basel?
Post 1

Greatest will be Au violon (Lohnhof) but I dont know if there are still rooms available. Otherwise I propose you for a good price and close to the market the Hotel Steinenschanze, it's mayby a 5 min walk and this 3 stars hotel is very central. Otherwise you can take a hotel close to the train station, those are mayby a bit more expensive: Hotel Euler, Gotthard, or Victoria. You can book over HRS.de, is mostly cheaper then direct.

Greatest will be Au violon (Lohnhof) but I dont know if there are still rooms available. Otherwise I propose you for a good price and close to the market the Hotel Steinenschanze, it's mayby a 5 min walk and this 3 stars hotel is very central. Otherwise you can take a hotel close to the train station, those are mayby a bit more expensive: Hotel Euler, Gotthard, or Victoria. You can book over HRS.de, is mostly cheaper then direct.

freedy, Oct 19, 2010 @ 18:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

In case you are still looking. I know this great hotel just in front of the Rathause. The Best place to experience Basel, in my opinion. Basel Hotel, the service is very kind, and more central than you will not be able to find. Prices are adequate, about 140 to 170 Francs, but it is a while since i was there so you better re-check just in case. 

Münzgasse 12
4001 Basle
+41 61 264 68 00

http://www.hotel-basel.ch/

Hope this helped.

In case you are still looking. I know this great hotel just in front of the Rathause. The Best place to experience Basel, in my opinion. Basel Hotel, the service is very kind, and more central than you will not be able to find. Prices are adequate, about 140 to 170 Francs, but it is a while since i was there so you better re-check just in case. 

Münzgasse 12
4001 Basle
+41 61 264 68 00

http://www.hotel-basel.ch/

Hope this helped.

Abe B, Nov 12, 2010 @ 14:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you very much for both suggestions, they have helped me make up my mind!

Thank you very much for both suggestions, they have helped me make up my mind!

Tinarena, Nov 12, 2010 @ 14:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1573 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form