Login or Sign Up

Forums in Basel > Basel > How is the social life in Basel???

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
How is the social life in Basel???

I have to decide in a few days about to moving Basel.

I would like to get some information about the social life there. Is it so active like in Geneva? Internationality, events, language exchanges (french,english), find friends? 

I 've already know the internations.org website, but glocals seems better.

The text you are quoting:

I have to decide in a few days about to moving Basel.

I would like to get some information about the social life there. Is it so active like in Geneva? Internationality, events, language exchanges (french,english), find friends? 

I 've already know the internations.org website, but glocals seems better.

Gina FDec 3, 2012 @ 22:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 2355 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: How is the social life in Basel???
Post 1

It all depends on you - if you want to make it, you can make it anywhere even in Basel. Basel is liberal city and great. within minutes you can visit 3 different countries. e Voilla

It all depends on you - if you want to make it, you can make it anywhere even in Basel. Basel is liberal city and great. within minutes you can visit 3 different countries. e Voilla

Dorothy W, Dec 4, 2012 @ 17:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Gina
glocals in Basel cannot be compared to Zürich or Geneva, it is a smaller community. The advantage is that you meet he same people regularly, which is good to build real friendships. On the other side, they are of course less events that in the other big cities.
In Basel itself, they are still plenty of things to do, nice people (of course in particular in Glocals), a quite big international community, and very good connections to many other places to spend nice week-ends out of town.

I can say it is a great city
CU maybe soon at one of the events ;-)
cheers

Hi Gina
glocals in Basel cannot be compared to Zürich or Geneva, it is a smaller community. The advantage is that you meet he same people regularly, which is good to build real friendships. On the other side, they are of course less events that in the other big cities.
In Basel itself, they are still plenty of things to do, nice people (of course in particular in Glocals), a quite big international community, and very good connections to many other places to spend nice week-ends out of town.

I can say it is a great city
CU maybe soon at one of the events ;-)
cheers

Cynthia_BE, Dec 5, 2012 @ 22:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you for the comments! I decided to stay here in Geneva or move to a closer french speaking town when I find an other au-pair job!

Cheers,

Gina :)

Thank you for the comments! I decided to stay here in Geneva or move to a closer french speaking town when I find an other au-pair job!

Cheers,

Gina :)

Gina F, Dec 6, 2012 @ 15:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 2355 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form