Login or Sign Up

Forums in Basel > Basel > Interviews for a university paper: does anyone have time?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Interviews for a university paper: does anyone have time?

Hi everyone! I'm a student at the university of Basel and am writing a paper about expats in Basel (being from an expat family myself, it's a topic of personal interest for me!).

I am now looking for people who would be willing to be interviewed by me about their experiences. Ideally, I would like to interview people who have come to Basel in the last 10 years specifically for work. 

The interviews will be recorded but are of course confidential. Only I will know the identity of the interviewee and the recording is only for my personal use for this paper, no one else will have access to it. The interview consists of open questions, allowing the interviewee to speak about his or her life and experience. An interview would take about 30 minutes to one hour. The interview can take place anywhere where it is reasonably quiet, the location can be chosen by the interviewee, I am very flexible in this regard.

Unfortunately I can't offer much in terms of compensation. You will, however, definitely receive a bottle of wine as a token of my gratitude. What I can also offer is my help with anything regarding Basel, German etc. I was born in Basel and grew up here and I speak Baseldeutsch. So I can give you all kinds of information, tips etc. about Basel and the region.

I very much look forward to hearing from some of you who are interested. I'd like to conduct these interviews sometime in the near future, preferably within the next two weeks if possible.

I am very grateful to anyone willing to help me out!

Just answer this thread or send me a personal message if you are interested or have any questions!

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone! I'm a student at the university of Basel and am writing a paper about expats in Basel (being from an expat family myself, it's a topic of personal interest for me!).

I am now looking for people who would be willing to be interviewed by me about their experiences. Ideally, I would like to interview people who have come to Basel in the last 10 years specifically for work. 

The interviews will be recorded but are of course confidential. Only I will know the identity of the interviewee and the recording is only for my personal use for this paper, no one else will have access to it. The interview consists of open questions, allowing the interviewee to speak about his or her life and experience. An interview would take about 30 minutes to one hour. The interview can take place anywhere where it is reasonably quiet, the location can be chosen by the interviewee, I am very flexible in this regard.

Unfortunately I can't offer much in terms of compensation. You will, however, definitely receive a bottle of wine as a token of my gratitude. What I can also offer is my help with anything regarding Basel, German etc. I was born in Basel and grew up here and I speak Baseldeutsch. So I can give you all kinds of information, tips etc. about Basel and the region.

I very much look forward to hearing from some of you who are interested. I'd like to conduct these interviews sometime in the near future, preferably within the next two weeks if possible.

I am very grateful to anyone willing to help me out!

Just answer this thread or send me a personal message if you are interested or have any questions!

Katrien VJun 24, 2012 @ 10:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1625 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Interviews for a university paper: does anyone have time?
Post 1

Hi, 

I hope I'm not too late for this. But I am a recent university graduate who just moved to Basel in May for a job. I'd love to help you out with your paper! PM me if you still need the help! 

Best,

Rachel

The text you are quoting:

Hi, 

I hope I'm not too late for this. But I am a recent university graduate who just moved to Basel in May for a job. I'd love to help you out with your paper! PM me if you still need the help! 

Best,

Rachel

Rachel F, Aug 1, 2012 @ 02:43
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1625 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form