Login or Sign Up

Forums in Basel > Basel > Registering an English car in Basel

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Registering an English car in Basel

Hi there

I am very interested to learn the ins and outs of driving an english registered car over to Basel, and then registering it here in Basel.

What are the processes that have to be adhered to, rules regulations etc and where do i find (if such a thing exists) a written guide to this, in English!?

Also, my English car insurance covers pretty much unlimited European driving (Switzerland Included) is there swiss insurance that would cover driving all over Europe (specifically back home to England every now and again) once i have registered my car here in Basel?

For the same cover as i have back home (minus any specifics about European Driving) the insurance cost in Basel is about half what i pay back in the UK!

Any help on the matter no matter how brief would be much appreciated

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hi there

I am very interested to learn the ins and outs of driving an english registered car over to Basel, and then registering it here in Basel.

What are the processes that have to be adhered to, rules regulations etc and where do i find (if such a thing exists) a written guide to this, in English!?

Also, my English car insurance covers pretty much unlimited European driving (Switzerland Included) is there swiss insurance that would cover driving all over Europe (specifically back home to England every now and again) once i have registered my car here in Basel?

For the same cover as i have back home (minus any specifics about European Driving) the insurance cost in Basel is about half what i pay back in the UK!

Any help on the matter no matter how brief would be much appreciated

Thanks!

Richard MOct 19, 2010 @ 17:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 1394 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 1394 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form