Login or Sign Up

Forums in Basel > Basel > Runtothebeat Halfmarathon Basel

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Runtothebeat Halfmarathon Basel

Hi,

I have registered myself for the Manor 'Runtothebeat' Halfmarathon in Basel on 12.09.2010.

http://www.manorruntothebeatbasel.ch/rttb/rttb/

Clever me hasnt realised though that she wont even be in Basel but on holidays...how intelligent is that, eh?

Sooo, if anybody fancies a little challenge or wanted to go for the run anyway and hasnt registered yet, I would be happy if I could give my place to somebody. I have paid 84 CHF registration fee, but am happy if I would get any part of that money. My registration is in the F30 category (females, 30-39)

If anyone was interested, pls. let me know asap.

Thanks, Silke

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I have registered myself for the Manor 'Runtothebeat' Halfmarathon in Basel on 12.09.2010.

http://www.manorruntothebeatbasel.ch/rttb/rttb/

Clever me hasnt realised though that she wont even be in Basel but on holidays...how intelligent is that, eh?

Sooo, if anybody fancies a little challenge or wanted to go for the run anyway and hasnt registered yet, I would be happy if I could give my place to somebody. I have paid 84 CHF registration fee, but am happy if I would get any part of that money. My registration is in the F30 category (females, 30-39)

If anyone was interested, pls. let me know asap.

Thanks, Silke

Silke BAug 8, 2010 @ 23:04
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 2135 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Runtothebeat Halfmarathon Basel
Post 1

Hi Silke. Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't belong to the female in the 30's category. :)

And anyway, I haven't trained enough lately to compete in the half-marathon. Just thought if there would be people interested in forming a team to compete in the shorter distance. I can tell you the details tonight, but it's something like 4 people, each running below 10 km. Having said that, I'm not sure whether they are still taking runners, so I'll get back to you tonight on that issue as well. See you later.

Hi Silke. Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't belong to the female in the 30's category. :)

And anyway, I haven't trained enough lately to compete in the half-marathon. Just thought if there would be people interested in forming a team to compete in the shorter distance. I can tell you the details tonight, but it's something like 4 people, each running below 10 km. Having said that, I'm not sure whether they are still taking runners, so I'll get back to you tonight on that issue as well. See you later.

Pedro Oliveira, Aug 13, 2010 @ 09:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Pedro,

thanks for the reply.

I have contacted the organisation in the meantime and was told, that I can get a replacement in any age group and gender category in the Half-marathon. So that should not keep you from trying.

And anyway, there are 29 days to go till the September event. Plenty of time for some practice:-))

Anyway, let me know what you think. Thanks, Silke

Hi Pedro,

thanks for the reply.

I have contacted the organisation in the meantime and was told, that I can get a replacement in any age group and gender category in the Half-marathon. So that should not keep you from trying.

And anyway, there are 29 days to go till the September event. Plenty of time for some practice:-))

Anyway, let me know what you think. Thanks, Silke

Silke B, Aug 13, 2010 @ 11:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Silke.

Let's do the following: I will check the altimeter, people's response to this thread, and my prospective training schedule after the week-end 21-22 (where I won't be around), and get back to you. If there are any takers in the mean time, my loss.

Do you know any group preparing for the Half-Marathon, informally, that is (not interested in joining Basle's Running Club just for what's left of Summer)? That might provide some additional motivation, on top of training.

Hi Silke.

Let's do the following: I will check the altimeter, people's response to this thread, and my prospective training schedule after the week-end 21-22 (where I won't be around), and get back to you. If there are any takers in the mean time, my loss.

Do you know any group preparing for the Half-Marathon, informally, that is (not interested in joining Basle's Running Club just for what's left of Summer)? That might provide some additional motivation, on top of training.

Pedro Oliveira, Aug 13, 2010 @ 11:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Pedro, I only know of the 'Basel Dragons running club' - they run twice a week in 3-4 different groups according to speed, fitness...etc

One can join for 1 year, 1/2 year or only 3 months. The 3month membership being 70CHF. I dont like running in groups, thats why I havent joined yet, but they seem a nice crowd, and very international. Check out their homepage: http://www.baselrunning.ch/

Might be worth, even if you dont do the Half-marathon.

Hi Pedro, I only know of the 'Basel Dragons running club' - they run twice a week in 3-4 different groups according to speed, fitness...etc

One can join for 1 year, 1/2 year or only 3 months. The 3month membership being 70CHF. I dont like running in groups, thats why I havent joined yet, but they seem a nice crowd, and very international. Check out their homepage: http://www.baselrunning.ch/

Might be worth, even if you dont do the Half-marathon.

Silke B, Aug 14, 2010 @ 10:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Silke.

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. I discovered them around mid-July, but as I'm only sure to stay in Basel until the end of Summer, thought it was not worth it to join.

I'll get back to you on my previous posts, it's just that my Internet is running at snail speed. :)

Hi Silke.

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. I discovered them around mid-July, but as I'm only sure to stay in Basel until the end of Summer, thought it was not worth it to join.

I'll get back to you on my previous posts, it's just that my Internet is running at snail speed. :)

Pedro Oliveira, Aug 14, 2010 @ 11:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi again, Silke.

Perhaps you need to recheck your dates. I was also convinced that the race was going to take place on the 12th of September, that's what I remember from when I say the info for the first time. But I've checked the website and the race is taking place on Septembr 26th. That date is unfeasible for me. Hope you can make it to the run after all. Good luck!

Hi again, Silke.

Perhaps you need to recheck your dates. I was also convinced that the race was going to take place on the 12th of September, that's what I remember from when I say the info for the first time. But I've checked the website and the race is taking place on Septembr 26th. That date is unfeasible for me. Hope you can make it to the run after all. Good luck!

Pedro Oliveira, Aug 14, 2010 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Well, totally forget about my last message. I followed a link through Facebook, and now I realised that it took me to another run (in London?). :s Sorry about that.

In the mean time, here is the info on the team run:

The Ekiden-Marathon:

Competitor A runs 1 laps with 2425m and 3 further laps each 2500m.
Competitor B runs 2 laps each 2500m.
Competitor C runs 4 laps each 2500m.
Competitor D runs 2 laps each 2500m.
Competitor E runs 2 laps each 2500m.
Competitor F runs 2 laps each 2500m and a third to the finish line with 2270m.

I wouldn't mind being competitor A, C or F, if there are other people interested we might share info on likely finishing times.

If not, I'll get back to you after next week-end. Again, if I'm too late, my loss. Thanks again!

Well, totally forget about my last message. I followed a link through Facebook, and now I realised that it took me to another run (in London?). :s Sorry about that.

In the mean time, here is the info on the team run:

The Ekiden-Marathon:

Competitor A runs 1 laps with 2425m and 3 further laps each 2500m.
Competitor B runs 2 laps each 2500m.
Competitor C runs 4 laps each 2500m.
Competitor D runs 2 laps each 2500m.
Competitor E runs 2 laps each 2500m.
Competitor F runs 2 laps each 2500m and a third to the finish line with 2270m.

I wouldn't mind being competitor A, C or F, if there are other people interested we might share info on likely finishing times.

If not, I'll get back to you after next week-end. Again, if I'm too late, my loss. Thanks again!

Pedro Oliveira, Aug 14, 2010 @ 16:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

1:48.56,2 of pure niceness (if there's something I like about Swiss it has to be precision! :)). I would certainly recommend it next time there is a Run to the Beat in Basel, and hope people are as lucky with the weather as we were today.

Thanks Silke! Good luck for your next run. ;)

1:48.56,2 of pure niceness (if there's something I like about Swiss it has to be precision! :)). I would certainly recommend it next time there is a Run to the Beat in Basel, and hope people are as lucky with the weather as we were today.

Thanks Silke! Good luck for your next run. ;)

Pedro Oliveira, Sep 12, 2010 @ 15:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 2135 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form