Login or Sign Up

Forums in Basel > Basel > Second Hand Bikes in Basel

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Second Hand Bikes in Basel
Hi there,

Does anyone know where I can buy a second hand bike in Basel, preferably a ladies bike?

Thanks

Emily

The text you are quoting:
Hi there,

Does anyone know where I can buy a second hand bike in Basel, preferably a ladies bike?

Thanks

Emily
emily_leachJul 11, 2009 @ 18:55

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 7277 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Second Hand Bikes in Basel
Post 1
Hello Emily,

I picked up my ride from a flea market @ Petersplatz (an open air ground) near Spalentor.Open on Saturdays from morning 0800hrs till 1200. You should be able to find one on Saturdays at this place.Else, check out another flea market near Messe on Sundays at the same time.

Well, that's all I know after a small hunt for a second hand ride. Lucky I got a good one :w00t:

Cheers_

[quote]Hi there,

Thanks

Emily[/quote]
Hello Emily,

I picked up my ride from a flea market @ Petersplatz (an open air ground) near Spalentor.Open on Saturdays from morning 0800hrs till 1200. You should be able to find one on Saturdays at this place.Else, check out another flea market near Messe on Sundays at the same time.

Well, that's all I know after a small hunt for a second hand ride. Lucky I got a good one :w00t:

Cheers_

[quote]Hi there,

Thanks

Emily[/quote]
Redliner, Jul 12, 2009 @ 00:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Thanks for that I`ll try there next weekend!  Are you happy with your bike now?  Are they usually in good/ok condition?

Emily

Thanks for that I`ll try there next weekend!  Are you happy with your bike now?  Are they usually in good/ok condition?

Emily
emily_leach, Jul 12, 2009 @ 01:14

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Yeah, I am happy with my bike and been out riding for long and through rough terrain-so far so good.(touch wood :)) . Condition on the bike depends on the buck u can shell.All sellers would allow u to take bike for a test ride,so final call would be ur instincts! Hope u've been riding before and it would not be tough a task...

Cheers_

[quote]Thanks for that I`ll try there next weekend! Are you happy with your bike now? Are they usually in good/ok condition?

Emily[/quote]
Yeah, I am happy with my bike and been out riding for long and through rough terrain-so far so good.(touch wood :)) . Condition on the bike depends on the buck u can shell.All sellers would allow u to take bike for a test ride,so final call would be ur instincts! Hope u've been riding before and it would not be tough a task...

Cheers_

[quote]Thanks for that I`ll try there next weekend! Are you happy with your bike now? Are they usually in good/ok condition?

Emily[/quote]
Redliner, Jul 12, 2009 @ 06:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hi Emily,

you could try the "marketplace" of the university of Basel: http://markt.unibas.ch/. There's a category "Fahrzeuge" where people frequently sell second hand bikes. It's all in German though, hope that's not a problem!

Cheers,

Maya
Hi Emily,

you could try the "marketplace" of the university of Basel: http://markt.unibas.ch/. There's a category "Fahrzeuge" where people frequently sell second hand bikes. It's all in German though, hope that's not a problem!

Cheers,

Maya
mbwirbel, Jul 12, 2009 @ 22:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Thanks Maya, I`ve just sent an email using google language tools, so how much of it they`ll understand I don`t know.

Thanks again,

Emily

Thanks Maya, I`ve just sent an email using google language tools, so how much of it they`ll understand I don`t know.

Thanks again,

Emily
emily_leach, Jul 12, 2009 @ 23:07

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
If you need translating into German, let me know ;-)

Maya
If you need translating into German, let me know ;-)

Maya
mbwirbel, Jul 12, 2009 @ 23:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Hi Maya,

Thanks for that, that`s very sweet of you!  I`ll keep that in mind, for the moment I`m using language tools to translate things, but it doesn`t doesn`t always make sense!!

Are you here in Basel?  How long have you been here for?

Emily

Hi Maya,

Thanks for that, that`s very sweet of you!  I`ll keep that in mind, for the moment I`m using language tools to translate things, but it doesn`t doesn`t always make sense!!

Are you here in Basel?  How long have you been here for?

Emily
emily_leach, Jul 14, 2009 @ 13:15

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Hi Maya,

I noticed that you're interested in the running too, and I was trying to add you to my friendship network, but I'm quite new to this - sorry. Would you be interested in meeting up for a coffee sometime this week, or even going to a concert on 31st July some friends are playing in the musical concert I've been told that there are some good firework on the river after. My mobile number is 0764773401.

Take care and if you're not free then perhaps we can meet up for the running - Basler Bruggelauf on the 9th August 2009 I was planning on doind the 3Km.

Emily
Hi Maya,

I noticed that you're interested in the running too, and I was trying to add you to my friendship network, but I'm quite new to this - sorry. Would you be interested in meeting up for a coffee sometime this week, or even going to a concert on 31st July some friends are playing in the musical concert I've been told that there are some good firework on the river after. My mobile number is 0764773401.

Take care and if you're not free then perhaps we can meet up for the running - Basler Bruggelauf on the 9th August 2009 I was planning on doind the 3Km.

Emily

emily_leach, Jul 28, 2009 @ 14:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
The SBB also holds bike auctions where you can get really cheap good bikes you could inquire when the next one is.
The SBB also holds bike auctions where you can get really cheap good bikes you could inquire when the next one is.
swissbrit, Jul 29, 2009 @ 18:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
Thanks for the tip, I`ll try there also!!

Emily :)

Thanks for the tip, I`ll try there also!!

Emily :)
emily_leach, Aug 3, 2009 @ 01:14

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 7277 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form