Login or Sign Up

Forums in Basel > Basel > any vegans out there?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
any vegans out there?

Just curious to see how many people in the Basel area have moved towards a plant-based diet. I may even have an event at my flat to let people see the amazing variety of foods you can make without using animal products.

Randy

The text you are quoting:

Just curious to see how many people in the Basel area have moved towards a plant-based diet. I may even have an event at my flat to let people see the amazing variety of foods you can make without using animal products.

Randy

Randy CApr 15, 2012 @ 23:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 1712 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: any vegans out there?
Post 1

Well Im not a vegan but an Ovo Lacto Vegetarian for more than 10 years and I enjoy it even more. To top it I dont smoke and I find that great.

Well Im not a vegan but an Ovo Lacto Vegetarian for more than 10 years and I enjoy it even more. To top it I dont smoke and I find that great.

Dorothy W, Apr 18, 2012 @ 01:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Randy, even though i eat meat I woudl be very interesed to see/try/experince vegan cooking (?) .. i believe I am not the only one!

Hi Randy, even though i eat meat I woudl be very interesed to see/try/experince vegan cooking (?) .. i believe I am not the only one!

anamu, May 2, 2012 @ 19:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I plan to have a plant-based food experience event at my flat sometime in the next 3-4 weeks. I'll be sure to invite you :)

I plan to have a plant-based food experience event at my flat sometime in the next 3-4 weeks. I'll be sure to invite you :)

Randy C, May 2, 2012 @ 19:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Any idea when this event will take place? I could also be interested in learning more about this. :)

Any idea when this event will take place? I could also be interested in learning more about this. :)

Maria O, May 11, 2012 @ 13:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

HI Maria, not sure. But possibly June 9.

HI Maria, not sure. But possibly June 9.

Randy C, May 11, 2012 @ 16:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

hope I didn't miss this...I am on macrobiotics for years and find it amazing!!

but I am in Basel from september..

hope I didn't miss this...I am on macrobiotics for years and find it amazing!!

but I am in Basel from september..

Tamara M, Jul 2, 2012 @ 20:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Actually, you didn't anything. I had to postpone the event due to circumstances at work. I'm still very keen to do it. I love spreading the word about the value of eating a whole-foods plant based diet not only on our health but the planet. I am currently on holiday in Tuscany but upon return I'll post the event. Probably looking at late July but I'm sure I'll do it again a few more times this year as I've had a lot of interest in this. More than I can accomodate in one event.

Actually, you didn't anything. I had to postpone the event due to circumstances at work. I'm still very keen to do it. I love spreading the word about the value of eating a whole-foods plant based diet not only on our health but the planet. I am currently on holiday in Tuscany but upon return I'll post the event. Probably looking at late July but I'm sure I'll do it again a few more times this year as I've had a lot of interest in this. More than I can accomodate in one event.

Randy C, Jul 2, 2012 @ 23:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I meant, you didn't MISS anything. :)  typing too fast...

I meant, you didn't MISS anything. :)  typing too fast...

Randy C, Jul 2, 2012 @ 23:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi!

Thanks for posting this - I am not vegan either, but have been an ovo-lacto vegetarian for the past 27 years, I decided with 10 that I didn't want to eat meat anymore and I haven't since and am very happy with it:-).

I would be interested in learning more about healthy vegan nutrition and discussing with like-minded people.

Hi!

Thanks for posting this - I am not vegan either, but have been an ovo-lacto vegetarian for the past 27 years, I decided with 10 that I didn't want to eat meat anymore and I haven't since and am very happy with it:-).

I would be interested in learning more about healthy vegan nutrition and discussing with like-minded people.

mbwirbel, Jul 3, 2012 @ 10:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi Randy

I'm what you might call a flexi-vegan... vegan on weekdays, flexible on the weekends (depending on who I'm visiting or where I am). I'd be interested in a get together as well to exchange ideas.

Hi Randy

I'm what you might call a flexi-vegan... vegan on weekdays, flexible on the weekends (depending on who I'm visiting or where I am). I'd be interested in a get together as well to exchange ideas.

Greg S, Jul 18, 2012 @ 09:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

HI Greg. I'm actually having my first vegan dinner party near the end of August. Unfortunately it has filled up already...but I will host another one soon after. There is a slight chance that a slot will open up for this one. I won't know until next week. But if not, I'll definitely add you to my invite list for the next one.

HI Greg. I'm actually having my first vegan dinner party near the end of August. Unfortunately it has filled up already...but I will host another one soon after. There is a slight chance that a slot will open up for this one. I won't know until next week. But if not, I'll definitely add you to my invite list for the next one.

Randy C, Jul 18, 2012 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Thanks Randy!

Thanks Randy!

Greg S, Jul 18, 2012 @ 13:33