Login or Sign Up

Forums in Basel > Basel > help with a job :)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
help with a job :)

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask you about some job where prefer english speaking people. I am not very proud on my german. I try to find a job in Cafe, Bar, Cleaning servise or Au pair/babysitter... I would be very grateful :)

And also I would like to ask if is anybody here who would sometimes chat with me to make my english better. I didn´t use it for three years.

Thanks for all the answers :) Martina

The text you are quoting:

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask you about some job where prefer english speaking people. I am not very proud on my german. I try to find a job in Cafe, Bar, Cleaning servise or Au pair/babysitter... I would be very grateful :)

And also I would like to ask if is anybody here who would sometimes chat with me to make my english better. I didn´t use it for three years.

Thanks for all the answers :) Martina

Martina JaskoNov 21, 2012 @ 21:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1772 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: help with a job :)
Post 1

@martina i'm not sure, but probably the best option for Cafe, Bar is to go visit the local ones and see if they need help. Posting a classified or browsing the classifieds (see above, second to last tab across the top) for au pair or babysitting.

As far as English is concerned, chat with people here online, post a language exchange activity and see if someone will help and join local events that are in English. Practice makes perfect!

I'm happy to chat with you, if you wish. But, you'd do better to meet people locally in Basel.

@martina i'm not sure, but probably the best option for Cafe, Bar is to go visit the local ones and see if they need help. Posting a classified or browsing the classifieds (see above, second to last tab across the top) for au pair or babysitting.

As far as English is concerned, chat with people here online, post a language exchange activity and see if someone will help and join local events that are in English. Practice makes perfect!

I'm happy to chat with you, if you wish. But, you'd do better to meet people locally in Basel.

Zonker, Nov 21, 2012 @ 22:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello,

all of those things you wrote I did... I was asking in agency if they can help me to find a job.. They told me I had to speak german and I could try to come later when my german will be good :) I´m on two web pages for au pair and babysitting but "luckily" in Basel people want au pair with german and french language... In Bars it´s mostly the same...

I´m in Switzerland not so long and I get know just a few people :) and also I am not really audacious so I would like to write with somebody and then meet him/her. :) If it not bother you, we can write or chat sometimes. It would be nice of you :) have a nice day 

Hello,

all of those things you wrote I did... I was asking in agency if they can help me to find a job.. They told me I had to speak german and I could try to come later when my german will be good :) I´m on two web pages for au pair and babysitting but "luckily" in Basel people want au pair with german and french language... In Bars it´s mostly the same...

I´m in Switzerland not so long and I get know just a few people :) and also I am not really audacious so I would like to write with somebody and then meet him/her. :) If it not bother you, we can write or chat sometimes. It would be nice of you :) have a nice day 

Martina Jasko, Nov 22, 2012 @ 15:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Martina,

If you're looking for a job where language skills are not a must, you might try something in the way of pet sitting (however, you must somehow be able to communicate with the pet owner, for a start).  Or you might start asking around at pet boarding agencies that would broker your services. Look for "Tierpension" in the phone directory (www.local.ch) or a site like www.tierpensionen-schweiz.ch.

If you find a nice team, you might be able to pick up some more German or French with your colleagues, thus preparing you for jobs that require more elaborate language skills.

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Martina,

If you're looking for a job where language skills are not a must, you might try something in the way of pet sitting (however, you must somehow be able to communicate with the pet owner, for a start).  Or you might start asking around at pet boarding agencies that would broker your services. Look for "Tierpension" in the phone directory (www.local.ch) or a site like www.tierpensionen-schweiz.ch.

If you find a nice team, you might be able to pick up some more German or French with your colleagues, thus preparing you for jobs that require more elaborate language skills.

Cheers,

Pete

Peter P, Dec 29, 2012 @ 07:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1772 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form