Login or Sign Up

Forums in Basel > Basel > problem with agency from my old house

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
problem with agency from my old house

Hi all

Something quite weird has happened regarding to my old house that I moved out two years ago! I've been contacted by the real estate agency that I must pay the sum of last three months rent! I was sharing this flat with somebody that after I left he took responsibilities for the flat. Now, this person has abandoned the flat and gone to his country and apparently stopped paying the rents (not sure if it's three months or not). Since the agency can't find him, they've contacted me after such a long time that I'm responsible for the missing rent because my name is still on the contract!!!
Before moving out, our secretary contacted the agency to inform them that I'm leaving this house, and they recommended us that just to be sure I send them an email mentioning that I'm moving out. The agency now refuses that they've received any email or phone call from me, but it's of course a disgraceful dishonesty because I have a delivery report for this email, and our secretary as witness that she spoke to them on the phone.
They gave me two options: either pay the total rent of three months within the next 30 days (otherwise they'll sue me), or sign a form that they can get the money from our insurance. Instead of the three months bank deposit, we had an insurance but this insurance only guarantees the money and soon they'll ask me for reimbursment. To me the whole thing stink it looks like a fraud. The agency apparantly has given me a wrong advice on terminating a co-signed contract, plus they are refusing that they've ever got any phone call or email from me.
Now they are threatening me that they'll sue me if I don't sign the insurance form, but it's just not right. It's for a contract that I've terminated and informed them that I'm leaving. They must have exchanged the old contract with a new one, which they didn't. However, since catching my old flatmate seems difficult, they chose the easiest way by chaising me. Plus, how they can terminat a co-signed contract with one of the parties missing. How I can be sure that the missing person doesn't come back one day and put another claim on me for terminating the lease contract on his absence for a house that he actually was living in! How come the agency has contacted me after such long time, how can I be sure if the outstanding rent is three months not less or hopefully not more?!
I thought I can ask here maybe somebody has any solution for it. I just don't know what should I do, has anyone ever had such problems? I'd really really appreciate any advice.
The text you are quoting:

Hi all

Something quite weird has happened regarding to my old house that I moved out two years ago! I've been contacted by the real estate agency that I must pay the sum of last three months rent! I was sharing this flat with somebody that after I left he took responsibilities for the flat. Now, this person has abandoned the flat and gone to his country and apparently stopped paying the rents (not sure if it's three months or not). Since the agency can't find him, they've contacted me after such a long time that I'm responsible for the missing rent because my name is still on the contract!!!
Before moving out, our secretary contacted the agency to inform them that I'm leaving this house, and they recommended us that just to be sure I send them an email mentioning that I'm moving out. The agency now refuses that they've received any email or phone call from me, but it's of course a disgraceful dishonesty because I have a delivery report for this email, and our secretary as witness that she spoke to them on the phone.
They gave me two options: either pay the total rent of three months within the next 30 days (otherwise they'll sue me), or sign a form that they can get the money from our insurance. Instead of the three months bank deposit, we had an insurance but this insurance only guarantees the money and soon they'll ask me for reimbursment. To me the whole thing stink it looks like a fraud. The agency apparantly has given me a wrong advice on terminating a co-signed contract, plus they are refusing that they've ever got any phone call or email from me.
Now they are threatening me that they'll sue me if I don't sign the insurance form, but it's just not right. It's for a contract that I've terminated and informed them that I'm leaving. They must have exchanged the old contract with a new one, which they didn't. However, since catching my old flatmate seems difficult, they chose the easiest way by chaising me. Plus, how they can terminat a co-signed contract with one of the parties missing. How I can be sure that the missing person doesn't come back one day and put another claim on me for terminating the lease contract on his absence for a house that he actually was living in! How come the agency has contacted me after such long time, how can I be sure if the outstanding rent is three months not less or hopefully not more?!
I thought I can ask here maybe somebody has any solution for it. I just don't know what should I do, has anyone ever had such problems? I'd really really appreciate any advice.
saeed oMay 1, 2014 @ 11:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 1368 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 1368 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form