Login or Sign Up

Forums in Bern > Bern > British nanny looking for new job or to start 'maman de jour/childminding' business - Can anyone help please?!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
British nanny looking for new job or to start 'maman de jour/childminding' business - Can anyone help please?!

Hello Everyone, 

I am a British nanny who is looking for a new position to start in January. Preferably I am looking for full time however I am open to accepting multiple part time or nanny share positions.

If I can not find work then I am interested in starting my own 'maman de jour/childminding' business. Has anyone done this or have insight into doing this? And most importantly would anyone be interested in this service? 

I have over 2 years’ experience in childcare, the last 6 months working as a nanny for a Swiss family with 2 children aged 2 and 4 years old. Unfortunately this position now ends at the end of December. Before this I worked for 8 months working as a nanny for a family with a baby who was 2 weeks old when I started and an older child who was 3 years old. Before working as a nanny I worked in a day nursery in the baby room and I have also worked in a ski resort holiday nursery. Whilst working in the nursery I started gaining my experience to become a nanny by working a few days a week with a family whose child was 1 when I started. I carried on working for them when I started my full time nanny job and was with them for 18 months.

I hold a CACHE Level 2, Award, Certificate and Diploma in Childcare and Education.

I hold a full clean English driving license and am pediatric first aid trained.

I hold an enhanced CRB disclosure and nanny insurance. 

I speak basic French, German and Italian however since being in Switzerland my French and German has improved and I am currently taking classes for French.

I have a 'B' permit and health insurance and I really do not want to return to the UK so please help!

I am more than willing to send my C.V to people who are interested. Please do not hesitate to contact me for more information.

I look forward to hearing from some of you soon.

Thanks in advance for your help!

The text you are quoting:

Hello Everyone, 

I am a British nanny who is looking for a new position to start in January. Preferably I am looking for full time however I am open to accepting multiple part time or nanny share positions.

If I can not find work then I am interested in starting my own 'maman de jour/childminding' business. Has anyone done this or have insight into doing this? And most importantly would anyone be interested in this service? 

I have over 2 years’ experience in childcare, the last 6 months working as a nanny for a Swiss family with 2 children aged 2 and 4 years old. Unfortunately this position now ends at the end of December. Before this I worked for 8 months working as a nanny for a family with a baby who was 2 weeks old when I started and an older child who was 3 years old. Before working as a nanny I worked in a day nursery in the baby room and I have also worked in a ski resort holiday nursery. Whilst working in the nursery I started gaining my experience to become a nanny by working a few days a week with a family whose child was 1 when I started. I carried on working for them when I started my full time nanny job and was with them for 18 months.

I hold a CACHE Level 2, Award, Certificate and Diploma in Childcare and Education.

I hold a full clean English driving license and am pediatric first aid trained.

I hold an enhanced CRB disclosure and nanny insurance. 

I speak basic French, German and Italian however since being in Switzerland my French and German has improved and I am currently taking classes for French.

I have a 'B' permit and health insurance and I really do not want to return to the UK so please help!

I am more than willing to send my C.V to people who are interested. Please do not hesitate to contact me for more information.

I look forward to hearing from some of you soon.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lauren RobinsonNov 23, 2012 @ 12:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 1825 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 1825 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form