Login or Sign Up

Forums in Bern > Bern > Doctor, doctor..!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Doctor, doctor..!

Okayy so I know this post is really not going to make me look .. conscious, but last night I happened to twist my ankle.

I am in pain, and my foot is swollen. The ride/walk home from  Lausanne to Bern this morning was pretty painful..! Anyways, I have no insurance. How  smart. I can move my foot around, so its probably not broken, but should I really go to the hospital? I have it bandaged now, and iced.

Of course it makes sense to just go, but this is my first time I need medical help in CH, and quite frankly I am afraid of the future medical bill.

Any ideas? Or does anybody know around how much it will cost me to get this looked after at the hospital? Thanks !! :)

Sara

The text you are quoting:

Okayy so I know this post is really not going to make me look .. conscious, but last night I happened to twist my ankle.

I am in pain, and my foot is swollen. The ride/walk home from  Lausanne to Bern this morning was pretty painful..! Anyways, I have no insurance. How  smart. I can move my foot around, so its probably not broken, but should I really go to the hospital? I have it bandaged now, and iced.

Of course it makes sense to just go, but this is my first time I need medical help in CH, and quite frankly I am afraid of the future medical bill.

Any ideas? Or does anybody know around how much it will cost me to get this looked after at the hospital? Thanks !! :)

Sara

Sara AJun 2, 2012 @ 12:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1936 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Doctor, doctor..!
Post 1

hello

I hope your ankle is better today.

I use green argil (green clay) for this kind of stuff, if nothing is broken.

I buy in an organic shop in France (it's cheaper) but you can find it in Switzerland too, or buy it online (http://www.argiletz.com/en/)

Green argil is use from a long time in my family (my grand-parents used it and their parents before...) and has a very large spectrum  of utilisation. It's just a great stuff !!!

hello

I hope your ankle is better today.

I use green argil (green clay) for this kind of stuff, if nothing is broken.

I buy in an organic shop in France (it's cheaper) but you can find it in Switzerland too, or buy it online (http://www.argiletz.com/en/)

Green argil is use from a long time in my family (my grand-parents used it and their parents before...) and has a very large spectrum  of utilisation. It's just a great stuff !!!

bertrand hubert r, Jun 3, 2012 @ 08:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks so much! Is it sold in the normal pharmacies here, or would I have to look for an organic shop?
I'll check it out, sounds good! :)

Thanks so much! Is it sold in the normal pharmacies here, or would I have to look for an organic shop?
I'll check it out, sounds good! :)

Sara A, Jun 3, 2012 @ 11:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Yeah, you can find it in normal pharmacies too. I bought it there once as I needed it quickly....

Yeah, you can find it in normal pharmacies too. I bought it there once as I needed it quickly....

bertrand hubert r, Jun 3, 2012 @ 15:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you Bertrand!! I will try to get it tomorrow when everything is open again!

Thank you Bertrand!! I will try to get it tomorrow when everything is open again!

Sara A, Jun 3, 2012 @ 15:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Sara,

Hopefully your foot is healed by now, but FYI for the future, I had to go to the doctor the same day I arrived in Switzerland, so I hadn't had a chance to sign up for insurance yet.  Even without insurance, and including medication, my bill was less than 100 CHF. 

Hi Sara,

Hopefully your foot is healed by now, but FYI for the future, I had to go to the doctor the same day I arrived in Switzerland, so I hadn't had a chance to sign up for insurance yet.  Even without insurance, and including medication, my bill was less than 100 CHF. 

Becca R, Jun 11, 2012 @ 08:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hey Becca, I am doing a lot better, thanks! About the doctor.. that seems great, but impossible! I have gone here, and same with a few friends of mine, and the visit alone was at least 150CHF! Tests, medication, were at least another 100.. Not saying I don't believe you, but I would just like to know where you have gone.. !

Hey Becca, I am doing a lot better, thanks! About the doctor.. that seems great, but impossible! I have gone here, and same with a few friends of mine, and the visit alone was at least 150CHF! Tests, medication, were at least another 100.. Not saying I don't believe you, but I would just like to know where you have gone.. !

Sara A, Jun 11, 2012 @ 15:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1936 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form