Login or Sign Up

Forums in Bern > Bern > Mountain Biking in Bern

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Mountain Biking in Bern

Hello, is anyone interested in doing MTB around bern? do you know interesting MTB tracks? Also for an after work tour?

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hello, is anyone interested in doing MTB around bern? do you know interesting MTB tracks? Also for an after work tour?

Thanks!

Andrea RMay 22, 2011 @ 11:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

15 Replies | 1948 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Mountain Biking in Bern
Post 1

Hey Andrea R, I live in Bern, and would be interested in going mountain biking.  I live near Gurten, so I have been exploring the trails around there, and there is some interesting and challenging single track. I'm an intermediate rider.  Let me know if your still interested in going biking.

Hey Andrea R, I live in Bern, and would be interested in going mountain biking.  I live near Gurten, so I have been exploring the trails around there, and there is some interesting and challenging single track. I'm an intermediate rider.  Let me know if your still interested in going biking.

Jay K, Jun 5, 2011 @ 20:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello Jay! of course I am still interested.

I ll be away this week .. let's try to arrange a late afternoon outing next week!

Cheers

a.

Hello Jay! of course I am still interested.

I ll be away this week .. let's try to arrange a late afternoon outing next week!

Cheers

a.

Andrea R, Jun 6, 2011 @ 20:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Next week sounds good, we'll figure it out then!

-Jay

Next week sounds good, we'll figure it out then!

-Jay

Jay K, Jun 7, 2011 @ 12:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi guys,

if you two are profis I could use a good piece of advice what kind of mountain bike I should get for myself :) ok?

Hi guys,

if you two are profis I could use a good piece of advice what kind of mountain bike I should get for myself :) ok?

Goran K, Jun 14, 2011 @ 13:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

hey.. when are you guys going??? i'm in if the date is good for me!!!

let me know.

hey.. when are you guys going??? i'm in if the date is good for me!!!

let me know.

Caleb L, Jun 14, 2011 @ 17:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I'm still interested, Andrea or Caleb let me know if your up for some riding near Gurten.  Thursday afternoon could work for me.  I've got my hardtail ready to go!

Goran: I am definitely not an expert or professional!  I'm just a guy who likes to ride around occasionally.  And i shipped my bike here from the States, so I can't even recommend a good brand sadly.

I'm still interested, Andrea or Caleb let me know if your up for some riding near Gurten.  Thursday afternoon could work for me.  I've got my hardtail ready to go!

Goran: I am definitely not an expert or professional!  I'm just a guy who likes to ride around occasionally.  And i shipped my bike here from the States, so I can't even recommend a good brand sadly.

Jay K, Jun 14, 2011 @ 20:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

jay.. not as lucky as you to have days off :) lol.. wish i did then i'd ride with you :) but gotta work and can't ride. but maybe on Sunday will be heading to Zurich for some pumptrack and dirt jumping riding if you're free. i'll keep you updated.

goran... what kind of biking do you want to do? i'm not an expert.. but i have a friend whose into this hardcore.. so i can ask for you.. but what do you want to do?

jay.. not as lucky as you to have days off :) lol.. wish i did then i'd ride with you :) but gotta work and can't ride. but maybe on Sunday will be heading to Zurich for some pumptrack and dirt jumping riding if you're free. i'll keep you updated.

goran... what kind of biking do you want to do? i'm not an expert.. but i have a friend whose into this hardcore.. so i can ask for you.. but what do you want to do?

Caleb L, Jun 15, 2011 @ 14:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

thanks guys for the replies. i would like to buy a bike ready for some serious easy mountain tours (full suspension, good frame, deore XT, SLX or above...). no race. caleb.. please ask that friend of yourse whether he could recommend something at reasonable price... as soon as i get a bike see you guys on the track ;)

thanks guys for the replies. i would like to buy a bike ready for some serious easy mountain tours (full suspension, good frame, deore XT, SLX or above...). no race. caleb.. please ask that friend of yourse whether he could recommend something at reasonable price... as soon as i get a bike see you guys on the track ;)

Goran K, Jun 16, 2011 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

funny Goran!! we are in Swiss right? is anything reasonably priced? i see no name brands for CHF500 already. you ok with 1500-5000?

funny Goran!! we are in Swiss right? is anything reasonably priced? i see no name brands for CHF500 already. you ok with 1500-5000?

Caleb L, Jun 16, 2011 @ 13:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

full suspension as in?? dual or just front?

full suspension as in?? dual or just front?

Caleb L, Jun 16, 2011 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

:) you´re right Caleb. here is almost nothing reasonably priced. i could survive the price up to 2500. do you think it is possible to find something branded and fairly good that that price? everything above it is getting too crazy... :/

dual full suspension with lock out would be great. do I ask too much for that price ? :)))

:) you´re right Caleb. here is almost nothing reasonably priced. i could survive the price up to 2500. do you think it is possible to find something branded and fairly good that that price? everything above it is getting too crazy... :/

dual full suspension with lock out would be great. do I ask too much for that price ? :)))

Goran K, Jun 16, 2011 @ 14:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

yeah i think so :) let me ask him some ideas for you.. will get back to you here or next meeting for drinks

yeah i think so :) let me ask him some ideas for you.. will get back to you here or next meeting for drinks

Caleb L, Jun 16, 2011 @ 14:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

thanks caleb :) i won´t be at the next meeting in Bern but I´ll certainly meet you in 2 weeks...or any time here :)

thanks caleb :) i won´t be at the next meeting in Bern but I´ll certainly meet you in 2 weeks...or any time here :)

Goran K, Jun 16, 2011 @ 14:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

hey Goran..my friend said for a good price.. a good bike is Kona

hey Goran..my friend said for a good price.. a good bike is Kona

Caleb L, Jun 16, 2011 @ 16:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

kona has good product for a reasonable price.

kona has good product for a reasonable price.

Caleb L, Jun 16, 2011 @ 16:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
15 Replies | 1948 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form