Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > Maths Help!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Maths Help!

Hey There

I'm on my gap year at the moment, Au Pairing for a family in Milan. I arrive in Geneva at the beginning of September to do the same work, but this time I have weekends free. I plan to study a career involving some maths once I go back home but I haven't done much maths this year due to an absolute lack of time. I'm looking for someone to meet up with once a week to tutor me or just be there to answer some questions if I get stuck. I finished school last year. 

It could be anyone, someone studying maths, a maths teacher or someone my age who did super well with maths through schooling. 

In exchange, I am a mother tongue english speaker from South Africa. So we could meet for a coffee, do some maths and practice your English. 

Please message on here or send me an inbox message if you're keen or know of someone who could help me. 

Thanks so much!

Toni x

The text you are quoting:

Hey There

I'm on my gap year at the moment, Au Pairing for a family in Milan. I arrive in Geneva at the beginning of September to do the same work, but this time I have weekends free. I plan to study a career involving some maths once I go back home but I haven't done much maths this year due to an absolute lack of time. I'm looking for someone to meet up with once a week to tutor me or just be there to answer some questions if I get stuck. I finished school last year. 

It could be anyone, someone studying maths, a maths teacher or someone my age who did super well with maths through schooling. 

In exchange, I am a mother tongue english speaker from South Africa. So we could meet for a coffee, do some maths and practice your English. 

Please message on here or send me an inbox message if you're keen or know of someone who could help me. 

Thanks so much!

Toni x

Toni RobertsJul 23, 2012 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1253 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Maths Help!
Post 1

Toni, I might be able to help. What are your career intentions?

I have a background in earth science and engineering and a masters in economics if that helps?

Mike

Toni, I might be able to help. What are your career intentions?

I have a background in earth science and engineering and a masters in economics if that helps?

Mike

Michael S, Jul 23, 2012 @ 13:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I won't have time (or the skill) to teach you, but have a look at The Kahn Academy. They have a great method to learn different types of math through lots of videos. 

To learn more about it, have a look at this great TED video by the founder, Salman Kahn. 

I won't have time (or the skill) to teach you, but have a look at The Kahn Academy. They have a great method to learn different types of math through lots of videos. 

To learn more about it, have a look at this great TED video by the founder, Salman Kahn. 

Edward B, Jul 23, 2012 @ 13:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey Mike

Thanks so much for your speedy reply.

I'd like to be an Air Traffic Controller. I just saw your inbox message, so I'll reply there in more detail now. 

Thanks again x

Hey Mike

Thanks so much for your speedy reply.

I'd like to be an Air Traffic Controller. I just saw your inbox message, so I'll reply there in more detail now. 

Thanks again x

Toni Roberts, Jul 23, 2012 @ 13:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Ah great. I will look. Thanks so much Edward! 

Ah great. I will look. Thanks so much Edward! 

Toni Roberts, Jul 23, 2012 @ 13:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

http://www.thelocal.ch/page/view/epfl-offers-free-online-education-with-coursera

EPFL (Lausanne) Joins Coursera..

http://www.thelocal.ch/page/view/epfl-offers-free-online-education-with-coursera

EPFL (Lausanne) Joins Coursera..

Translator, Jul 23, 2012 @ 16:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Toni,

Are you bilingual English-French or English-German?   This will help you a lot of you intend to pursue Air Traffic control in Switzerland. 

I have two friends who are ATCs, they are on holidays at the moment, but I'll see if they have any tips.

Otherwise, Zonker, who is an IT consultant (you can find him on here doing a search) is also a Maths tutor.

-Michelle

Hi Toni,

Are you bilingual English-French or English-German?   This will help you a lot of you intend to pursue Air Traffic control in Switzerland. 

I have two friends who are ATCs, they are on holidays at the moment, but I'll see if they have any tips.

Otherwise, Zonker, who is an IT consultant (you can find him on here doing a search) is also a Maths tutor.

-Michelle

Michelle W, Jul 23, 2012 @ 16:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1253 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form