Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > My musical and language skills in exchange for your Swiss German

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
My musical and language skills in exchange for your Swiss German

I am a retired music teacher (HighSchool and University level) and composer seeking to learn Swiss German after living and working many years in Geneva (Chêne-Bougeries).

My instrumental teaching skills consist iof Violin/Viola and Piano as well as Electroacoustics (computer-assisted composition and electronic music).

My present language skills are English, French (fluent) and German (mother tongue).

All of the above exchanges are possiblle with a native Swiss German speaker.

The text you are quoting:

I am a retired music teacher (HighSchool and University level) and composer seeking to learn Swiss German after living and working many years in Geneva (Chêne-Bougeries).

My instrumental teaching skills consist iof Violin/Viola and Piano as well as Electroacoustics (computer-assisted composition and electronic music).

My present language skills are English, French (fluent) and German (mother tongue).

All of the above exchanges are possiblle with a native Swiss German speaker.

Emile EDec 13, 2018 @ 15:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 790 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: My musical and language skills in exchange for your Swiss German
Post 1

Which dialect are you after? Bäärnduutsch? Tzüriduutsch? Wallisädiitsch?

Rather depends on where you anticipate living in future. Or maybe not, perhaps it is just for personal enjoyment, although this might be a rather hard thing to learn fluently......

Which dialect are you after? Bäärnduutsch? Tzüriduutsch? Wallisädiitsch?

Rather depends on where you anticipate living in future. Or maybe not, perhaps it is just for personal enjoyment, although this might be a rather hard thing to learn fluently......

sheila c, Dec 13, 2018 @ 18:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: My musical and language skills in exchange for your Swiss German
Post 2

I do not expect to be fluent ! But after all these CH years (45) I have regrets not to have attempted to learn a tleast one dialect. Pracally speaking, on one  hand, I have one young grandson (3 years old) living in Littau/Luzern who already picked up a good number of words in his Kita, and on the other hand I am with Swiss musicians who tell jokes that I would like to understand. They are mostly from Zurich and Thurgau. Finally I spend some time each year in Saas Fee...

Knowing this, what do you suggest?

And your expectations in the musical area?

Thanks for your interest!

Cheers,

[email protected]

I do not expect to be fluent ! But after all these CH years (45) I have regrets not to have attempted to learn a tleast one dialect. Pracally speaking, on one  hand, I have one young grandson (3 years old) living in Littau/Luzern who already picked up a good number of words in his Kita, and on the other hand I am with Swiss musicians who tell jokes that I would like to understand. They are mostly from Zurich and Thurgau. Finally I spend some time each year in Saas Fee...

Knowing this, what do you suggest?

And your expectations in the musical area?

Thanks for your interest!

Cheers,

[email protected]

Emile E, Dec 13, 2018 @ 19:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 790 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form