Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > searching for a kitten

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
searching for a kitten
Hello everyone!
I want to adopt a little kitten, European breed, 2-3 months old, short fur.
I just found out that in CH it's forbidden to buy a cat and I don't seem to be lucky enough to find someone that has kittens to give.
I'd appreciate any tip! Thanks
The text you are quoting:
Hello everyone!
I want to adopt a little kitten, European breed, 2-3 months old, short fur.
I just found out that in CH it's forbidden to buy a cat and I don't seem to be lucky enough to find someone that has kittens to give.
I'd appreciate any tip! Thanks
deepforestMay 10, 2007 @ 19:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1212 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: searching for a kitten
Post 1
You might get lucky at SOS Chats in Meyrin
You might get lucky at SOS Chats in Meyrin
Iolly, May 10, 2007 @ 19:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
...re: age limit and would like to have a pair (1 to 2 years old, that have never been separated), contact 'Saivara'... she knows of someone who has to unfortunately give theirs away - she can send you photos too, and they look adorable! ;-) J.
...re: age limit and would like to have a pair (1 to 2 years old, that have never been separated), contact 'Saivara'... she knows of someone who has to unfortunately give theirs away - she can send you photos too, and they look adorable! ;-) J.
JulianT, May 10, 2007 @ 20:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
How do you mean it's forbidden to buy a cat? Really? Then what do the breeders of pure race cats do? Confused...
How do you mean it's forbidden to buy a cat? Really? Then what do the breeders of pure race cats do? Confused...
Katri, May 10, 2007 @ 20:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Good point! :-o (nt)
Good point! :-o (nt)
JulianT, May 10, 2007 @ 20:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Not sure where you got that information from!!! Unless there are new laws due to smuggling abused/ill animals across borders. From what I've heard, SOS Chats seems good.
Not sure where you got that information from!!! Unless there are new laws due to smuggling abused/ill animals across borders. From what I've heard, SOS Chats seems good.
Carana, May 10, 2007 @ 23:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
ummm...i dont think it's forbidden persay.

what's funny about g'va is that most pet shops don't sell pets (coz there's too many regulations about how 2 take care of them n stuff).

so u can get kitties fm 3 sources :
soschat (as per above posts)
someone who's willing 2 give away kittens they just had (search this forum, there were some nice websites ppl sent me 2 wen i was looking 4 my kitties)
a breeder (where i got mine eventually but here u pay, n they r purebred etc...and they cannot sell 2 u until the kitties 3 at least 3 months old)

so best of luck! i do know if u're posting, some1 always has kitties 2 giveaway... : D

ummm...i dont think it's forbidden persay.

what's funny about g'va is that most pet shops don't sell pets (coz there's too many regulations about how 2 take care of them n stuff).

so u can get kitties fm 3 sources :
soschat (as per above posts)
someone who's willing 2 give away kittens they just had (search this forum, there were some nice websites ppl sent me 2 wen i was looking 4 my kitties)
a breeder (where i got mine eventually but here u pay, n they r purebred etc...and they cannot sell 2 u until the kitties 3 at least 3 months old)

so best of luck! i do know if u're posting, some1 always has kitties 2 giveaway... : D

Tigger, May 11, 2007 @ 00:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
It's forbidden to sell them in pet shops (that's what they told me were I went) so people who have kittens advertise in newspapers or on websites and people contact them.
It's forbidden to sell them in pet shops (that's what they told me were I went) so people who have kittens advertise in newspapers or on websites and people contact them.
deepforest, May 11, 2007 @ 13:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
If you are still looking for a kitten, I can give you an address in France (but only 10 minutes from the border) and pictures of lovely kittens...
If you are still looking for a kitten, I can give you an address in France (but only 10 minutes from the border) and pictures of lovely kittens...
zezette, May 30, 2007 @ 16:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Hello!
I finally found a lovely kitten, I went to visit it this Saturday.
So thanks a lot for the offer anyway! It shouldn't be a problem to find a home for that kitty. I've seen it's pretty hard to find one: I had to wait for mine to be born and now to be 2 months old. I'll get it at the end of June and I'm veeery happy ;).
Cheers
Hello!
I finally found a lovely kitten, I went to visit it this Saturday.
So thanks a lot for the offer anyway! It shouldn't be a problem to find a home for that kitty. I've seen it's pretty hard to find one: I had to wait for mine to be born and now to be 2 months old. I'll get it at the end of June and I'm veeery happy ;).
Cheers
deepforest, Jun 11, 2007 @ 17:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1212 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form