Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > L'Assiette Genevoise - SUCH A RIP OFF!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
L'Assiette Genevoise - SUCH A RIP OFF!

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd share my experience with you.

My husband and I bought a card for CHF 100.-- that is meant to offer discounts at selected restaurants in Geneva for one year.

So far, all THREE have been possibly the WORST gastronomical experiences in our lives. And I'm not even mentioning the service...

Save your pennies for better deals - I think our friend Nir is onto some good stuff - and don't even consider it. I have spoken to managers of "good" eateries that weren't members and they said that since THEIR food was quality, they didn't need that publicity.

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT, EH?

Have a smashing week!

Wisdom

The text you are quoting:

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd share my experience with you.

My husband and I bought a card for CHF 100.-- that is meant to offer discounts at selected restaurants in Geneva for one year.

So far, all THREE have been possibly the WORST gastronomical experiences in our lives. And I'm not even mentioning the service...

Save your pennies for better deals - I think our friend Nir is onto some good stuff - and don't even consider it. I have spoken to managers of "good" eateries that weren't members and they said that since THEIR food was quality, they didn't need that publicity.

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT, EH?

Have a smashing week!

Wisdom

WisdomNov 22, 2010 @ 06:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 2273 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: L'Assiette Genevoise - SUCH A RIP OFF!
Post 1

Hi :)

I actually heard good things about this but i havent tried it myself. Can you tell examples? Like which restaurants and what are your complaints exactly? If the food and the service was bad it has nothing to do with you using a voucher. Did they treat you differently than other customers paying full price?

Hi :)

I actually heard good things about this but i havent tried it myself. Can you tell examples? Like which restaurants and what are your complaints exactly? If the food and the service was bad it has nothing to do with you using a voucher. Did they treat you differently than other customers paying full price?

Maria_, Nov 22, 2010 @ 08:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: L'Assiette Genevoise - SUCH A RIP OFF!
Post 2

Hello Wisdom,

Well, we have been doing this for 2 years now and the overall experience was good! Ofcourse, there are some restaurants where one is received with less hospitality and that one has the impression that the plates are less abundant.

But has that to do with the formula? Maybe?

I guess that you've came across some restaurants who did not play the game.

I personally can recommend it.

Have a good week,

Smitty

Hello Wisdom,

Well, we have been doing this for 2 years now and the overall experience was good! Ofcourse, there are some restaurants where one is received with less hospitality and that one has the impression that the plates are less abundant.

But has that to do with the formula? Maybe?

I guess that you've came across some restaurants who did not play the game.

I personally can recommend it.

Have a good week,

Smitty

Smitty, Nov 22, 2010 @ 08:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 2273 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form