Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > A pet question...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
A pet question...
Does anyone know if rabbits are good pets? I am dying for a pet and my boyfriend won't let me have a cat (says it's cruel to leave it locked up alone all day in the flat, I guess he's right) and there's always the possibility of it falling off the 8th floor terrace, so we're thinking about other cuddly possibilities (i.e. no fish, birds, turtles). We have a decent-sized flat and two very large terraces. A rabbit seemed logical, but I was wondering if anyone has had experiences of rabbits as pets? Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
Does anyone know if rabbits are good pets? I am dying for a pet and my boyfriend won't let me have a cat (says it's cruel to leave it locked up alone all day in the flat, I guess he's right) and there's always the possibility of it falling off the 8th floor terrace, so we're thinking about other cuddly possibilities (i.e. no fish, birds, turtles). We have a decent-sized flat and two very large terraces. A rabbit seemed logical, but I was wondering if anyone has had experiences of rabbits as pets? Thanks!
LuanneFeb 24, 2006 @ 16:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1048 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: A pet question...
Post 1
To both of you...I've been trying to convince my boyfriend for ages that a cat would do just fine being alone while we were at work. After all, most cats are pretty indifferent to people anyway! But I think I will start looking into the rabbit possibility. I would just love to come home to a fluffy animal...
To both of you...I've been trying to convince my boyfriend for ages that a cat would do just fine being alone while we were at work. After all, most cats are pretty indifferent to people anyway! But I think I will start looking into the rabbit possibility. I would just love to come home to a fluffy animal...
Luanne, Feb 24, 2006 @ 17:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I had one and it's something between a cat and a dog in the behaviour! Really funny when they get all upset! She loved to steal my socks and hide them....slept 20h a day, but the 4 hours she was awake.....mini-tornado! It's not for nothing I calld her Dynamite!
I had one and it's something between a cat and a dog in the behaviour! Really funny when they get all upset! She loved to steal my socks and hide them....slept 20h a day, but the 4 hours she was awake.....mini-tornado! It's not for nothing I calld her Dynamite!
Iolly, Feb 24, 2006 @ 19:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Get two cats - that way they'll always have each other for company and won't be lonely home alone. I know lots of cats live quite happily never leaving the house.
Get two cats - that way they'll always have each other for company and won't be lonely home alone. I know lots of cats live quite happily never leaving the house.
Katri, Feb 24, 2006 @ 19:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
I live on the third floor of an apartment and have a balcony. My cat has no interest in the balcony or what is outside my front door. She seems to be mentally and emotionally balanced, so leaving her alone in the apartment for the day or a long weekend hasn't been a problem.
Get a cat! :)
I live on the third floor of an apartment and have a balcony. My cat has no interest in the balcony or what is outside my front door. She seems to be mentally and emotionally balanced, so leaving her alone in the apartment for the day or a long weekend hasn't been a problem.
Get a cat! :)
misskate, Feb 24, 2006 @ 19:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
OK, I've never owned one, but the pet store that my family used to go to had a huge lop-eared rabbit that was the single greatest, cutest thing I've ever seen. He was kind of like a dog in that he would come up to all of the customers to be petted and would slowly hop around checking stuff out. He liked sitting on people's laps, too. If he was tired, he'd go hang out in his cage, which they left open during business hours. He was trained to use a kitty litter box.
I've wanted one of these guys ever since meeting this one.
OK, I've never owned one, but the pet store that my family used to go to had a huge lop-eared rabbit that was the single greatest, cutest thing I've ever seen. He was kind of like a dog in that he would come up to all of the customers to be petted and would slowly hop around checking stuff out. He liked sitting on people's laps, too. If he was tired, he'd go hang out in his cage, which they left open during business hours. He was trained to use a kitty litter box.
I've wanted one of these guys ever since meeting this one.
tiffany, Feb 27, 2006 @ 14:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1048 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form