Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Adjacent Building Refurbishment Noise

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Adjacent Building Refurbishment Noise

Hi All,

Had a quick look on the forum but couldn't see that this topic has been addressed.

The apartment block opposite mine (literally only about 10m across the road) has for the last 18 months had extensive reonnovation inside and out which as you can imagine has been a fairly constant pain with noise, traffic and builders who start at 0730 despite I think the local law being 8am start I believe.

My question is simply, are any of the neighbouring or adjacent buildings entitled to any compensation due to the fairly extreme disruption faced for a prolonged period of time? I'm aware tenants of that building obviously are but we have all suffered on my block for the last 18 months+.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Nick

The text you are quoting:

Hi All,

Had a quick look on the forum but couldn't see that this topic has been addressed.

The apartment block opposite mine (literally only about 10m across the road) has for the last 18 months had extensive reonnovation inside and out which as you can imagine has been a fairly constant pain with noise, traffic and builders who start at 0730 despite I think the local law being 8am start I believe.

My question is simply, are any of the neighbouring or adjacent buildings entitled to any compensation due to the fairly extreme disruption faced for a prolonged period of time? I'm aware tenants of that building obviously are but we have all suffered on my block for the last 18 months+.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Nick

Nicholas BedfordApr 20, 2023 @ 09:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 365 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Adjacent Building Refurbishment Noise
Post 1

This is another question for ASLOCA

I think there is a list of situations where compensation can be asked for, not aware of the details myself, but you would have to be able to argue well, or the Regie will no doubt try to wriggle out of it, even if liable .

If you can get other neighbours that are disturbed, to join with the complaint, I am sure that would be useful.

Anyway, a consultation will be helpful for that kind of  advice too.

As explained in a previous post, you will have to join as a member to have a consultation - Currently CHF 75.- for private residents plus CHF 20.inscription to open the file. 

This will cover you for any other advising consultations during the year, regarding this, or any other issues. 
As well as answering your questions,  if you ask,  they will help you with a letter to the Regie.

Drop-ins are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 16h30 to 17h30 and Wednesdays and Frldays   11h30 à 12h30. If you choose to go to one of these, go early, or you may have to wait quite a while before being seen, it’s first come, first served. Not many lawyers present.
 Otherwise, phones open  Mon-Fri  9h à 12h and 14h à 16h30 to fix an appointment.

More info: https://geneve.asloca.ch/nous-contacter

This is another question for ASLOCA

I think there is a list of situations where compensation can be asked for, not aware of the details myself, but you would have to be able to argue well, or the Regie will no doubt try to wriggle out of it, even if liable .

If you can get other neighbours that are disturbed, to join with the complaint, I am sure that would be useful.

Anyway, a consultation will be helpful for that kind of  advice too.

As explained in a previous post, you will have to join as a member to have a consultation - Currently CHF 75.- for private residents plus CHF 20.inscription to open the file. 

This will cover you for any other advising consultations during the year, regarding this, or any other issues. 
As well as answering your questions,  if you ask,  they will help you with a letter to the Regie.

Drop-ins are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 16h30 to 17h30 and Wednesdays and Frldays   11h30 à 12h30. If you choose to go to one of these, go early, or you may have to wait quite a while before being seen, it’s first come, first served. Not many lawyers present.
 Otherwise, phones open  Mon-Fri  9h à 12h and 14h à 16h30 to fix an appointment.

More info: https://geneve.asloca.ch/nous-contacter

TogJay, Apr 21, 2023 @ 14:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

forgot again to say again .. take your Bail  and  exact details of the problem, as well as notr and copies  of any communications  you may have already had  with the Regie, your neighbours  and anyhing alse to do with the situation, with you,  to show the lawyers at ASLOCA

forgot again to say again .. take your Bail  and  exact details of the problem, as well as notr and copies  of any communications  you may have already had  with the Regie, your neighbours  and anyhing alse to do with the situation, with you,  to show the lawyers at ASLOCA

TogJay, Apr 21, 2023 @ 14:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hmm.. sorry for the typos.. that was supposed to read 'notes and copies', above..

(such a nuisance no edit fuction available  on this site!)

Hmm.. sorry for the typos.. that was supposed to read 'notes and copies', above..

(such a nuisance no edit fuction available  on this site!)

TogJay, Apr 21, 2023 @ 14:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 365 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form