Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Agencies in Geneva to find an apartment for rent?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Agencies in Geneva to find an apartment for rent?

Hello everyone, 

I have heard that there are agencies in geneva that do the search for you for a flat to rent in town, for a fee of 1 month rent. I mean that the agency is the one that screens all regie sites and selects the flats that match your requirements and then it is the agency again that submits your "dossier" to the regie and that pushes your file further. Do you happen to know these agencies? I am a single mother with a full time job and have no time to do the search and the fight for the apartment, however, I would be willing to pay for such service. Any advice that you may have? 

Thank you very much in advance, 

Cheers, 

Kinga

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone, 

I have heard that there are agencies in geneva that do the search for you for a flat to rent in town, for a fee of 1 month rent. I mean that the agency is the one that screens all regie sites and selects the flats that match your requirements and then it is the agency again that submits your "dossier" to the regie and that pushes your file further. Do you happen to know these agencies? I am a single mother with a full time job and have no time to do the search and the fight for the apartment, however, I would be willing to pay for such service. Any advice that you may have? 

Thank you very much in advance, 

Cheers, 

Kinga

kinga_1975Jan 9, 2023 @ 17:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1328 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Agencies in Geneva to find an apartment for rent?
Post 1

I am currently looking for an accomodation and when I apply for propertise , one of these agencies called me. I am not sure if they are trustwothy or not but personally, I don't trust them.

I am currently looking for an accomodation and when I apply for propertise , one of these agencies called me. I am not sure if they are trustwothy or not but personally, I don't trust them.

Reza A, Jan 10, 2023 @ 14:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Kinga, I went through Elite Relocation to find my place in Grand Saconnex. Have a look here: https://elite-relocation.ch/

Good luck!

Gaurav

Hi Kinga, I went through Elite Relocation to find my place in Grand Saconnex. Have a look here: https://elite-relocation.ch/

Good luck!

Gaurav

Gaurav Garg, Jan 10, 2023 @ 22:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Kinga

In my experioence Rosset is the best Regie. I would keep an eye on their website as quite often they only place their listings there. 

When we first moved to Geneva we had a relocation company help us, but to be honest we were much more successful when we did the search ourselves.

Cheers

Cliff

Hi Kinga

In my experioence Rosset is the best Regie. I would keep an eye on their website as quite often they only place their listings there. 

When we first moved to Geneva we had a relocation company help us, but to be honest we were much more successful when we did the search ourselves.

Cheers

Cliff

cliff h, Jan 12, 2023 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi, Cliff.

Following your message with regard to Rosset as a Reggie, is it possible to have her contact details? 

Many thanks in advance.

Best,

Nargiza 

Hi, Cliff.

Following your message with regard to Rosset as a Reggie, is it possible to have her contact details? 

Many thanks in advance.

Best,

Nargiza 

Nargiza Mamasadikova, Apr 17, 2023 @ 21:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Bear in mind, the agencies don't just help you find an apartment (IMO that is not the hard part) - they also help to secure it for you, above all the other applicants. They also sometimes help with the admin such as registering with utility companies.

Bear in mind, the agencies don't just help you find an apartment (IMO that is not the hard part) - they also help to secure it for you, above all the other applicants. They also sometimes help with the admin such as registering with utility companies.

Catherine H, Apr 18, 2023 @ 09:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

there are different agents so probably best to google them

there are different agents so probably best to google them

cliff h, Apr 19, 2023 @ 09:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Another factor is that some housing agencies are only interested in top-of-the range properties.  If you’re looking for a modestly priced rental, an agency might not be the best choice.

Another factor is that some housing agencies are only interested in top-of-the range properties.  If you’re looking for a modestly priced rental, an agency might not be the best choice.

Ritchie, Apr 19, 2023 @ 16:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

The UN, CERN, P&G and various other agencies have their own Intranet website for staff, where you can find apartments, buy and sell items.

We, @ Geneva Runners always share upcoming apartments, and we highly recommend the new tenant. Works well since 15 years.

Good luck with finding an apartment.

As Cliff H. said, google agents, they’re pleased to find an apartment, after all, it’s an income for them.

The UN, CERN, P&G and various other agencies have their own Intranet website for staff, where you can find apartments, buy and sell items.

We, @ Geneva Runners always share upcoming apartments, and we highly recommend the new tenant. Works well since 15 years.

Good luck with finding an apartment.

As Cliff H. said, google agents, they’re pleased to find an apartment, after all, it’s an income for them.

SWISS, Apr 19, 2023 @ 22:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1328 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form