Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Allotment, Community Garden

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Allotment, Community Garden

Hi all, 

I have just moved to Geneva and am looking to find a place to garden and grow in the city. Does anyone know of any allotment or community garden spaces?

Thanks 

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, 

I have just moved to Geneva and am looking to find a place to garden and grow in the city. Does anyone know of any allotment or community garden spaces?

Thanks 

Gabi HFeb 11, 2021 @ 16:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 605 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Allotment, Community Garden
Post 1

Local allotments are much sought after and even born-and-bred Genevans often have to wait for quite some time before a vacancy occurs so a newbie will obviously be way down on the list.

What you could do is to find the nearest allotment garden and ask the “beavers” if they know of anyone who is looking for an enthusiastic “helper”.  Being ready to take on the tedious chores could endear you to the local group and a possible invitation to join an existing team.

You could also try advertising your interest and skills on the “Petites announces” bulletin boards of your local Coop, Migros and other supermarkets.

All the best,

R.

Local allotments are much sought after and even born-and-bred Genevans often have to wait for quite some time before a vacancy occurs so a newbie will obviously be way down on the list.

What you could do is to find the nearest allotment garden and ask the “beavers” if they know of anyone who is looking for an enthusiastic “helper”.  Being ready to take on the tedious chores could endear you to the local group and a possible invitation to join an existing team.

You could also try advertising your interest and skills on the “Petites announces” bulletin boards of your local Coop, Migros and other supermarkets.

All the best,

R.

Ritchie, Feb 11, 2021 @ 19:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Allotment, Community Garden
Post 2

Gabi, I advise you to google "jardins familiaux genève" and contact one of the associations.

Gabi, I advise you to google "jardins familiaux genève" and contact one of the associations.

Alexandre P, Feb 12, 2021 @ 14:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 605 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form