Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Any other Brits had their UK bank account closed recently?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Any other Brits had their UK bank account closed recently?

A few months ago Barclays UK closed my UK bank account without any warning, cards just stopped working. Weird. Had cash in the account, had the bank account since university, I'm not political or anything like that,  ... It's really inconvenient as I still need a Uk bank account for trips to London. 

Any one else had similar problems ? Just curious. Thanks. 

The text you are quoting:

A few months ago Barclays UK closed my UK bank account without any warning, cards just stopped working. Weird. Had cash in the account, had the bank account since university, I'm not political or anything like that,  ... It's really inconvenient as I still need a Uk bank account for trips to London. 

Any one else had similar problems ? Just curious. Thanks. 

BigglesJul 27, 2023 @ 09:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 450 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Any other Brits had their UK bank account closed recently?
Post 1

Since Brexit all UK (NON EU ) based banks cannot service Swiss residents, or any EU residents for that matter.

You needed to have a UK address, in order to keep your UK account. So changing the address to the c/o family that reside in the UK would have worked.

Brexit, that moment a nation committed suicide....

The text you are quoting:

Since Brexit all UK (NON EU ) based banks cannot service Swiss residents, or any EU residents for that matter.

You needed to have a UK address, in order to keep your UK account. So changing the address to the c/o family that reside in the UK would have worked.

Brexit, that moment a nation committed suicide....

Charlie, Aug 1, 2023 @ 16:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 450 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form