Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Anyone from New York?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Anyone from New York?
I need advice... I'll be in New York for 10 hours in january (my first time in USA) and I'm totally lost about transportation, places to visit and weather... Somebody could give me some info? Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
I need advice... I'll be in New York for 10 hours in january (my first time in USA) and I'm totally lost about transportation, places to visit and weather... Somebody could give me some info? Thanks!
SwigirlDec 19, 2005 @ 13:42
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1030 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Anyone from New York?
Post 1
Your ten hours in NY will be taken up by a variety of factors before you even get a look around the city. For example, Are you taking the SwissAir flight to JFK, or Continental to Newark? It could take a while to get back and forth to Newark - especially if the George Washington Bridge has traffic(My husband almost missed our wedding thanks to sitting in traffic on the GW Bridge :)

As for things to do / places to see in such a short time . . . Buy and study the NYC popout map well before you arrive. (You can buy one at Off The Shelf in Plainpalais.) Once you arrive, check your bags into a locker at the airport, make sure you have plenty of dollars and your popout map, tell the taxi driver you want to go to Battery Park, and buy a ticket at Castle Clinton for the Ellis Island Ferry. After returning from the seeing Lady Liberty up close, make your way on foot up the middle of Manhattan to Times Square, or further up to Central Park. Just walk around like you own the place, get hot pretzel, and people watch (without making it obvious :)

Any taxi driver will easily take you to JFK. It will be harder to find one to take you to Newark.

Hope this helps :) Michele
The text you are quoting:
Your ten hours in NY will be taken up by a variety of factors before you even get a look around the city. For example, Are you taking the SwissAir flight to JFK, or Continental to Newark? It could take a while to get back and forth to Newark - especially if the George Washington Bridge has traffic(My husband almost missed our wedding thanks to sitting in traffic on the GW Bridge :)

As for things to do / places to see in such a short time . . . Buy and study the NYC popout map well before you arrive. (You can buy one at Off The Shelf in Plainpalais.) Once you arrive, check your bags into a locker at the airport, make sure you have plenty of dollars and your popout map, tell the taxi driver you want to go to Battery Park, and buy a ticket at Castle Clinton for the Ellis Island Ferry. After returning from the seeing Lady Liberty up close, make your way on foot up the middle of Manhattan to Times Square, or further up to Central Park. Just walk around like you own the place, get hot pretzel, and people watch (without making it obvious :)

Any taxi driver will easily take you to JFK. It will be harder to find one to take you to Newark.

Hope this helps :) Michele
3PuttBogey, Dec 20, 2005 @ 03:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1030 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form