Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Bar of the Month

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Bar of the Month
Well, I personally think that electing persons for a week is a extremelly fast exercise of democracy and there will be always people unsatisfied.

Therefore I propose a most furfilling activity: Bar of the Month

Based on some parameters like: Place, choice of beers, price, location, crowd, etc... we could review one bar every month and bring on our criticisms about geneva.

The text you are quoting:
Well, I personally think that electing persons for a week is a extremelly fast exercise of democracy and there will be always people unsatisfied.

Therefore I propose a most furfilling activity: Bar of the Month

Based on some parameters like: Place, choice of beers, price, location, crowd, etc... we could review one bar every month and bring on our criticisms about geneva.

zenbrainSep 14, 2005 @ 13:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1162 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Bar of the Month
Post 1
but why one a month, how about one a week?

We can discuss the pros and cons of every place like that.

So whats the first one?
but why one a month, how about one a week?

We can discuss the pros and cons of every place like that.

So whats the first one?
munkypint, Sep 14, 2005 @ 14:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Ok, so I propose Demi-lune, in the old town to be the bar evaluated this month. Participants on this mission have the whole month to evaluate Demi-Lune (from 0 to 10).

We can either do the evaluation by ourselves and them post here (or if it gets too busy we could open a new forum subject) or settle a day (usually a weekday) to do it in a group.

Here are the suggested criterias:

A - Premisses

1. Location

2. Ambiance

- Style

- Size

- Music

3. Crowd

- Number

- Style

B - Drinks

1. Beer

- Choice

- Price

2. Cocktails

- Choice

- Quality

- Price

3. Snacks

- Choice

- Quality

- Price

C- Service

- Availability

- Efficiency

Drink of choice:

Best day/event (if any):

Ok, so I propose Demi-lune, in the old town to be the bar evaluated this month. Participants on this mission have the whole month to evaluate Demi-Lune (from 0 to 10).

We can either do the evaluation by ourselves and them post here (or if it gets too busy we could open a new forum subject) or settle a day (usually a weekday) to do it in a group.

Here are the suggested criterias:

A - Premisses

1. Location

2. Ambiance

- Style

- Size

- Music

3. Crowd

- Number

- Style

B - Drinks

1. Beer

- Choice

- Price

2. Cocktails

- Choice

- Quality

- Price

3. Snacks

- Choice

- Quality

- Price

C- Service

- Availability

- Efficiency

Drink of choice:

Best day/event (if any):

zenbrain, Sep 15, 2005 @ 13:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
A friend and I made a reconnoitre of our local - the Demi Lune - last night, and have very favourable feedback.

Ladies will also be pleased to know there's a cute barman too. In over 2 years I haven't had the guts to speak with him about anything more than his menu and wine list - maybe Dr Marc can suggest an appropriate chat-up line ?

Their Coteaux de Languedoc red wine at 5.40 per glass was very nice too, but unfortunately after 5 glasses I could not make it to the bar to sample the beers. We partook of their tasty menu and sampled a hambuger with cheese and fries (12.50 chf), and chicken satay brochettes (9.00 chf). All was delicious with an ample supply of ketchup and mayo too. Service was great, on a trust basis they place the receipts in a pot on your table and leave it to you to present them for payment at the end of the evening.

Great choice of seating - a sociable high bar area, lounge sofas, cafe table and chairs aswell as outdoor seating. Great and cosy ambience.

Not a snob in sight - I vote it as the slamdunk winner of pub of the week !
A friend and I made a reconnoitre of our local - the Demi Lune - last night, and have very favourable feedback.

Ladies will also be pleased to know there's a cute barman too. In over 2 years I haven't had the guts to speak with him about anything more than his menu and wine list - maybe Dr Marc can suggest an appropriate chat-up line ?

Their Coteaux de Languedoc red wine at 5.40 per glass was very nice too, but unfortunately after 5 glasses I could not make it to the bar to sample the beers. We partook of their tasty menu and sampled a hambuger with cheese and fries (12.50 chf), and chicken satay brochettes (9.00 chf). All was delicious with an ample supply of ketchup and mayo too. Service was great, on a trust basis they place the receipts in a pot on your table and leave it to you to present them for payment at the end of the evening.

Great choice of seating - a sociable high bar area, lounge sofas, cafe table and chairs aswell as outdoor seating. Great and cosy ambience.

Not a snob in sight - I vote it as the slamdunk winner of pub of the week !
Nottm_Lass, Sep 15, 2005 @ 16:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
yesterday i went with florian and his mother to demi lune. it was the first time i was in there. we really enjoyed the food and the drinks. i recommend the demi lune cocktail, if you are a cocktail guy /gal. it was full but not uncomfortable full. the mixture of students, bankers and creative people was very calming.

i´ll give it 8 out of 10 points.
yesterday i went with florian and his mother to demi lune. it was the first time i was in there. we really enjoyed the food and the drinks. i recommend the demi lune cocktail, if you are a cocktail guy /gal. it was full but not uncomfortable full. the mixture of students, bankers and creative people was very calming.

i´ll give it 8 out of 10 points.
Mister_Sark, Sep 20, 2005 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1162 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form